His new defense was on display again as the Wolverines stomped Nebraska to keep alive their hopes of reaching a BCS bowl. It won’t be the Rose Bowl (Michigan State will be playing in the Big Ten Championship Game), but a win over Ohio State next week could get them in the mix for the Fiesta Bowl or something. I don’t know. What the hell do you want from me? I’m not some sort of sports expert or anything like that…
Elsewhere in the conference, Penn State played “the next game on the Penn State schedule.” It was a win over those same Buckeyes, leaving them just a win over Wisconsin from meeting the Spartans in the title game…
Back on the “Penn State Scandal 24/7″ front; a week after interviewing former Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky, Bob Costas is scheduled to discuss PSU again Monday night on “Rock Center” on NBC. I believe the title of the segment is “Hey everyone! Remember when we interviewed Jerry Sandusky last week???”
And finally from the Big Ten, it appears as though Urban Meyer will be the next head coach at OSU. He just doesn’t want to talk about it.
I was kinda hoping for Brandon Weeden and the Cowboys to lift the spirits of the Stillwater campus Friday after the death of women’s hoops coach Kurt Budke and assistant Miranda Serna. It didn’t happen, and the Pokes are almost certainly out of the National title picture because of it.
BUT…I encourage you to watch this postgame speech from Cyclones coach Paul Rhoads and TRY to not start chanting “I-S-U”, “I-S-U”!
I’m reasonably certain the injury to Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson had something to do with the Raiders’ win, but it’s very clear the Raiders are the class of a less than impressive AFC West.
Highlights not available on YouTube, so instead I offer the 5 Rules of the Tim Tebow Drinking Game, courtesy of ChicagoNow.com…
5. Drink every time an announcer uses any form of the word ”win” to describe Tebow: In NFL announcers’ defense, try and explain to a co-worker why Tebow is good at football without using any form of the word “win”. It’s impossible.
4. Drink every time Tebow’s lack of accuracy is mentioned: This will be the announcers’ main topic of conversation for the first 3 and 1/2 quarters of the game, so you should get good and drunk waiting for his final drive.
3. Finish your beer every time he points to the sky: Don’t worry. Tebow doesn’t score too many touchdowns. Because if he did, this rule could get really dangerous.
2. Finish your beer every time his name is used as a verb (i.e. “Tebowed” or “Tebowing”)
1. If any player strikes the Tebow pose (aka Tebowing), the last person to strike the Tebow pose must finish everyone else’s beer: Go to the bathroom or answer your cell at your own risk. An opposing defensive lineman is just one sack away from striking the Tebow pose in celebration.
Shouldn’t I feel BETTER about the fact that I picked the Falcons to win the Super Bowl when they win a game???
In the loss, the Tennessee Titans made a quarterback switch, replacing Matt Hasselbeck with Jake Locker. It was due to injury but it was certainly a sign of the future.
The good news for Tennessee is that when their starting quarterback got hurt, the fans in Nashville didn’t have to worry about seeing Kyle Boller
There are five….FIVE…teams with two conference losses with two weeks left in the season.
Louisville. Rutgers. West Virginia. Cincinnati. Pittsburgh. Toledo. Omaha. Pikesville.
There are two possible solutions. One-hold an illegal tournament at the end of the year. Two-pick one player from each team and stick them in a UFC Octagon. With any luck, someone will still be standing at the end of the night. Perhaps their shorts will look like Dan Henderson’s after his big win Saturday night at UFC 139 over Mauricio “Shogun” Rua…
The Seattle Seahawks’ win over the St. Louis Rams also involved one of my favorite things: a large man with the football in his hands….
We all agree that Red Bryant should be an old comedian, but this is nearly as good.
Oh-and Chris Clemons had three sacks. So…you know…the game is still meaningless and all but how about that?
And the Philadelphia Eagles managed to beat the New York Giants DESPITE losing a 50 yard completion to DeSean Jackson due to a taunt (his fault) and losing a punt return TD due to being called for stepping out of bounds when it didn’t appear he had (not his fault)…
Philly is now 4-7 on the season. They CAN’T somehow still make this interesting, can they? Can they???
As I have said many times, this is God’s work. Go back to Pittsburgh, jerks. Aberdeen goes on the road to claim the 3A North title while those losers at NHHS get to go back to worrying about Hines Ward the rest of the year. Drink it in…
Also in High School Football this weekend, Catonsville with a semi-stunner at Poly to end the fantastic career of Roger Wrenn, and the MIAA A Conference goes to Gilman after they win a thriller over Calvert Hall…