(This blog brought to you by Atlantic Remodeling. Visit www.atlanticremodeling.com to learn about their Red Cent Guarantee!)
During the 2013 season, Drew Forrester and Luke Jones of The D&L Window Tinting Morning Reaction will provide the “12-Game Scorecard” for the Orioles, rating the club in 12-game increments in a number of categories and looking ahead to how Baltimore will fare over the next dozen games on the schedule.
(Editor’s note: The latest 12-game increment ended on Friday, meaning the final two games of the Minnesota series weren’t considered in this latest scorecard and will be included in the next one.)
To hear the full explanation from Monday morning, click HERE.
1. Should the Orioles have been better or worse than their 7-5 mark?
2. Most Valuable Player/Least Valuable Player
Drew: MVP – Manny Machado; LVP – Chris Davis
Luke: MVP – Manny Machado; LVP – Nolan Reimold
3. Biggest surprise
Drew: The continued success of Tommy Hunter
Luke: How successful Manny Machado continues to be at just 20 years old
4. Best thing about the 12-game stretch
Drew: Finishing the long West Coast trip with a 7-4 record
Luke: The emergence of Tommy Hunter, T.J. McFarland, and Pedro Strop as useful options in the bullpen
5. Twelve games from now…
Drew: Chris Davis will have five home runs in the 12-game stretch.
Luke: Ryan Flaherty and Nolan Reimold will no longer be regulars in the everyday lineup.
6. Record in the next 12 games (*1-1 at Minnesota, two vs. San Diego, three vs. Tampa Bay, three vs. New York Yankees, two at Toronto)
7. Stock rising/falling over the next 12 games
Drew: Rising – Chris Davis; Falling – Tommy Hunter
Luke: Rising – Pedro Strop; Falling – Freddy Garcia
8. Grading Buck Showalter in games 25-36