During the 2014 season, Drew Forrester and Luke Jones of The D&L Window Tinting Morning Reaction will provide the “9-Game Scorecard” for the Orioles, evaluating the club in nine-game increments in a number of categories and looking ahead to how Baltimore will fare over the next nine games on the schedule.
To hear the full explanation of the “Orioles 9-Game Scorecard” during Friday’s show, click HERE.
1. Should the Orioles have been better or worse than their 3-6 mark?
2. Most Valuable Player/Least Valuable Player
Drew: MVP – Nelson Cruz; LVP – David Lough
Luke: MVP – Nelson Cruz; LVP – David Lough
3. Biggest surprise
Drew: Being swept at home by the Detroit Tigers
Luke: The inconsistency of Chris Tillman with a complete-game shutout followed by a horrendous start in Pittsburgh
4. Best thing about the nine-game stretch
Drew: Chris Davis hitting three home runs in the win over Pittsburgh
Luke: Chris Davis having a three-homer game and remaining healthy after his return from the disabled list
5. Nine games from now…
Drew: Zach Britton will have everyone calm about the closer situation
Luke: David Lough will have been designated for assignment
6. Record in the next nine games (three with Cleveland, three at Milwaukee, three at Houston)
7. Stock rising/falling over the next nine games
Drew: Rising – Manny Machado; Falling – Ubaldo Jimenez
Luke: Rising – Miguel Gonzalez; Falling – Jonathan Schoop
8. Grading Buck Showalter in games 37-45