During the 2014 season, Drew Forrester and Luke Jones of The D&L Window Tinting Morning Reaction will provide the “9-Game Scorecard” for the Orioles, evaluating the club in nine-game increments in a number of categories and looking ahead to how Baltimore will fare over the next nine games on the schedule.
To hear the full explanation of the “Orioles 9-Game Scorecard” during Wednesday’s show, click HERE.
1. Should the Orioles have been better or worse than their 5-4 mark?
2. Most Valuable Player/Least Valuable Player
Drew: MVP – Adam Jones; LVP – Manny Machado
Luke: MVP – Adam Jones; LVP – Manny Machado
3. Biggest surprise
Drew: Bud Norris beginning to emerge as the stopper in the starting rotation
Luke: Manny Machado’s conduct over the weekend series against Oakland
4. Best thing about the nine-game stretch
Drew: Nick Markakis continuing to thrive in the leadoff spot
Luke: Kevin Gausman offering one of the best starts of the year after Miguel Gonzalez landed on the disabled list
5. Nine games from now…
Drew: We’re officially going to be worried about Chris Davis
Luke: We’ll be feeling better about Chris Tillman
6. Record in the next nine games (one with Boston, four with Toronto, three at Tampa Bay, one at New York Yankees)
7. Stock rising/falling over the next nine games
Drew: Rising – Chris Tillman; Falling – Ubaldo Jimenez
Luke: Rising – Chris Davis; Falling – Steve Pearce
8. Grading Buck Showalter in games 55-63