Here are a couple of notes from Camden Yards
- There have been some very long and hard hit homeruns here so far. The homeruns that Bobby Abreu and Jason Giambi hit just landed. Giambi hit his second ball of his career onto Eutaw Street. Melvin Mora tried to hit Latroy Hawkins in the Yankees bullpen with his homerun in the 5th inning. In a related note, Mora said it was not intentional.
- Grevis Vasquez is here sitting in front of the press box and was jumping up and down like a wild person when Bobby Abreu launched his homerun out of Camden Yards.
- Although there has been a combined six homeruns hit here so far tonight, that is still a long way from the record of 11 from July 1,1994 versus the California Angels. The Angels hit five that night while the Orioles hit six; here is the box score from that night.
- The record for most homeruns by an opponent in one game is six which where hit by the Texas Rangers on August 22, 2007.
- Jason Giambi’s homerun went on to Eutaw Street for the 41st in Camden Yards history. It was the second one he has hit out there. His other one was on Sep.29, 2005, off of Erik Bedard. Can you guess who had the first one into Eutaw Street and who it was off of?
Back with more later, I think there might be a chance that home run record could be in jeopardy.