During the 2012 season, Drew Forrester and Luke Jones of The Morning Reaction will provide the “10-Game Scorecard” for the Orioles, rating the club in 10-game increments in a number of categories and looking ahead to how Baltimore will fare over the next 10 games on the schedule.
(Editor’s note: This scorecard reflects games 11 through 20, not accounting for the final two games of the Oakland series over the weekend.)
To hear the full explanation of the “10-Game Scorecard” during Monday’s show, listen HERE.
1. Should the Orioles have been better or worse than their 6-4 mark?
2. Most Valuable Player/Least Valuable Player
Drew: MVP – Adam Jones; LVP – Mark Reynolds
Luke: MVP – Adam Jones; LVP – Kevin Gregg
3. Biggest surprise
Drew: Darren O’Day
Luke: Jason Hammel
4. Best thing about the 10-game stretch
5. Ten games from now…
Drew: Mark Reynolds will hit four home runs and strike out 12 times (over the next eight games).
Luke: J.J. Hardy will hit three home runs (over the next eight games).
6. Record in the next 10 games (**already two wins over Oakland**, three at New York, three at Boston, two with Texas)
7. Stock rising/falling over the next 10 games
Drew: Rising – Mark Reynolds; Falling – Wei-Yin Chen
Luke: Rising – Brian Matusz; Falling – Jason Hammel
8. Grading Buck Showalter in games 11-20