During the 2012 season, Drew Forrester and Luke Jones of The Morning Reaction will provide the “10-Game Scorecard” for the Orioles, rating the club in 10-game increments in a number of categories and looking ahead to how Baltimore will fare over the next 10 games on the schedule.
1. Should the Orioles have been better or worse than their 7-3 mark?
2. Most Valuable Player/Least Valuable Player
Drew: MVP – J.J. Hardy; LVP – Endy Chavez
Luke: MVP – Adam Jones; LVP – Endy Chavez
3. Biggest surprise
Drew: First three-game sweep at Fenway since 1994
Luke: Chris Davis earning his first major league victory
4. Best thing about the 10-game stretch
Drew: Playing over .500 against tough competition
Luke: Completing a 5-1 road trip against the Yankees and the Red Sox
5. Ten games from now…
Drew: We’re going to be concerned about Chris Davis.
Luke: Nick Markakis’ batting average will be 40 points higher (currently hitting .246).
6. Record in the next 10 games (two with Texas, three with Tampa Bay, two with New York, two at Kansas City, one at Washington)
7. Stock rising/falling over the next 10 games
Drew: Rising – Jason Hammel; Falling – Jake Arrieta
Luke: Rising – Nick Markakis; Falling – Chris Davis
8. Grading Buck Showalter in games 21-30