Throughout the 2012 season, The Morning Reaction’s Drew Forrester and Luke Jones rate the club in 10-game increments in a number of categories and begin looking ahead to how Baltimore will fare over the next 10 games on the schedule.
To hear the full explanation from Monday morning, click HERE.
1. Should the Orioles have been better or worse than their 4-6 mark?
2. Most Valuable Player/Least Valuable Player
Drew: MVP – Chris Tillman; LVP – Zach Britton
Luke: MVP – Chris Davis; LVP – Zach Britton
3. Biggest surprise
Drew: Infielder Omar Quintanilla looking like a useful player
Luke: Taking two out of three games at Yankee Stadium
4. Best thing about the 10-game stretch
Drew: The Orioles are still in the race
Luke: The Orioles didn’t trade any top prospects for a rental
5. Ten games from now…
Drew: The Orioles will still be very much in the thick of the race.
Luke: We will see the return of either Jake Arrieta or Brian Matusz.
6. Record in the next 10 games (three at Tampa Bay, three with Seattle, four with Kansas City)
7. Stock rising/falling over the next 10 games
Drew: Rising – Adam Jones; Falling – Mark Reynolds
Luke: Rising – Jim Johnson; Falling – Omar Quintanilla
8. Grading Buck Showalter in games 86-95