During the 2012 season, Drew Forrester and Luke Jones of The Morning Reaction will provide the “10-Game Scorecard” for the Orioles, rating the club in 10-game increments in a number of categories and looking ahead to how Baltimore will fare over the next 10 games on the schedule.
To hear the full explanation of the inaugural “10-Game Scorecard” during Tuesday’s show, click HERE.
1. Should the Orioles have been better or worse than their 6-4 mark?
2. Most Valuable Player/Least Valuable Player
Drew: MVP – Jake Arrieta; LVP – Nick Johnson
Luke: MVP – Matt Wieters; LVP – Nick Johnson/Kevin Gregg (tie)
3. Biggest surprise
Drew: Chris Davis
Luke: The improved command of Jake Arrieta
4. Best thing about the 10-game stretch
Drew: Starting pitching
Luke: Starting pitching
5. Ten games from now…
Drew: The real Ronny Paulino will show up.
Luke: People will be warming to the idea of Nolan Reimold as the leadoff hitter.
6. Record in the next 10 games (three with Chicago, three with Los Angeles, three with Toronto, one with Oakland)
7. Stock rising/falling over the next 10 games
Drew: Rising – Nick Markakis; Falling – Chris Davis
Luke: Rising – J.J. Hardy; Falling – Jason Hammel
8. Grading Buck Showalter in the first 10 games