Adam Jones was much of the talk during Dave Trembley’s pregame speech. Here are some of the highlights:
-He is not worried about Adam and how he is handling his struggles. Dave says Adam handles the good and the bad all the same.
- Adam does not think he has done anything to deserve all the hype that has been created around him. He is aware that he was made to be the center piece of the Bedard trade. The Orioles are having a T-shirt night for him tomorrow night here at the yard
- Trembley said that he is not worried about how Adam is handling his struggles right now at the plate. Trembley said he handles everything the same
- Adam was here early today to take batting practice with Terry Crowley
- When you look at how Adam has started out here this season, it is pretty interesting to compare that to how Nick Markakis started his first eleven games in the majors.
Markakis (11g 06 season) 9-35 .257 avg 2hr 3rbi
Jones (11g 08 season) 8-38 .211 avg 0hr 2 rbi
Here are some other notes from pregame:
- O’s say that would be tremendous to get 5 innings out of Albers tonight
- The issues the team has had on the road are not anyone person’s fault
- Trembley feels like what the O’s are doing to teams early this year are now what teams are doing to them
- Did not want to change lineup right now because team will act to how you react
- Said one of the questions right now is “are pitchers getting us out right now or are we getting our self out?”
- Sherrill and Beird have used the least amount of pitches to record three outs