So the big new coming out of 1 Winning Drive this afternoon is that Kyle Boller has had an MRI and did not even throw the football today.
This to me is very alarming news in my opinion a reason for concern. I do not think the Ravens can go into the year with just Joe Flacco and Troy Smith. I would not be surprised if we see the Ravens watching the waiver wire over the next couple of days. The fact that he has not thrown a football I think is a major concern.
Coach Harbaugh did say that Troy Smith was here for meetings this morning and left the facility. Right now it sounds like it is about getting Troy’s energy make up and mentioned that Troy has not eaten in 3 or 4 days.
Never thought this quarterback competition would become a made for television show.
So the Ravens have made their first wave of roster cuts with the following moves:
Aaron Walker (TE)
Darnerien McCants (WR)
Dwan Edwards (back)
Terrence Melton (hand)
Kelly Talavou (shoulder)
Here are some notes from practice:
– Kyle Boller was watching practice wearing a baseball cap on the sideline. He did not do any drills during the media portion of practice and did not have his helmet with him.
– Troy Smith was not at practice this morning
– Demetrius Williams has come off of the physically unable to perform list and was in uniform and at practice this morning
– Tavares Gooden returned to practice this morning
– Chris McAlister was at practice this morning still wearing a knee brace
– Missing from practice today was : Troy Smith, Ed Reed, Willis McGahee, Derrick Martin, Fabian Washington, Marcus Smith, and Kelly Gregg.