Here are some notes from this morning’s practice:
- Marshal Yanda and Jason Brown will take some snaps at the center position.
- Coach Harbaugh made it a point to mention that no one is winning starting jobs at these camps
- The Ravens have giants play clocks on both ends of the field to help the qb’s simulate game type situations
- The quarterbacks are getting plays called into their headset’s by Cam Cameron even while they are at practice
- There is a slogan hanging around the facility almost every door you walk past that say’s W.I.N. today. It stands for: What’s Important Now.
- Art Modell spoke to the team after practice today and said he thinks this team has the makings of being a good time. As usual, Art cracked a few jokes while talking to the team.
- The weight room for the Ravens has been redone and the eyes of the Raven bird are some bright red glowing eyes. Pretty interesting to see.
- Everything during a John Harbaugh’s practice is done with a purpose and a sense of urgency. There is no sitting around and everyone is there for the whole practice, including the special team’s guys such as the punters and kickers.
- New corner Fabian Washington is wearing # 31. Here are the rookies and new additions numbers as they appear on the Ravens roster right now:
Joe Flacco #5
Justin Harper #14
Kerry Reed #18
Jim Leonhard #36 (Jim is a safety Ravens signed, been in league 4 years)
Allen Patrick #38
Ray Rice #39
Tom Zbikowski #40
Frank Walker #41 (Cornerback who came from the Packers)
Haruki Nakamura #43
Tavares Gooden #49
Oniel Cousins #64
David Hale #76
Marcus Smith #81