Here’s how Sunday’s Ravens at Chargers game shakes out — that is, if you ask me.
1. Ray Rice scores his first career TD on an 11-yard scamper. He finishes the game with 69 yards on the ground.
2. Baltimore wins a one-score game. Pressed for a prediction, I’ll call it 23-17 in favor of the guys in purple. That’s not a homer pick, either. This time last week, I would have absolutely called this one a San Diego win. But I don’t think they can without L.T. and Hardwick.
3. Dick Enberg will call Ray Rice, “Jim Rice”, at least two times during the broadcast.
4. A late interception by Ed Reed will stymie a desperate Chargers drive in the waning moments of the game.
5. Todd Heap will catch another TD pass. That gives him two for the year if you’re counting at home.
6. Joe Flacco will throw for 229 yards.
7. About 1,000 Ravens fans will be in San Diego for the game and at some point on Sunday, every single one of them will think to themselves, “what the hell am I doing living in Baltimore when I could be living out here?”
8. The best player on the field for the Ravens in week #2 will be Ray Lewis.
9. After Chicago’s win over Pittsburgh, the Ravens will be in first place in the AFC North at 2-0.
10. Derrick Mason will make reference to Keyshawn Johnson by name in his post-game remarks to the media.