Dan Cody who was out of the morning practice, was seen at the team hotel with a walking shoe on his right foot. Dan had a slight limp as he walked through the lobby of the hotel.
No word on the amount of time he will miss.
At afternoon practice, Ozzie Newsome was working the phone a lot. Ozzie was talking on the phone and having conversations with John Harbaugh, and Dick Cass, during and after the practice this afternoon.
- There is no news on Adam Terry as of now. Adam has been around the team hotel for most of the afternoon and said that he has no news on his injury status.
- Trevor Pryce was wearing a brace on his left wrist at the afternoon practice. Trevor missed time last year with a wrist injury.
- Here is more information as it relates to the injury status of Ed Reed: “you’d have to ask John Harbaugh that and Bill Tessendorf. I really don’t know. I know one thing is that Ed is working his tail off out here. He took David Pittman under his wing and he is working just as hard as he can possibly work. But whenever we get him. Ed will be ready. Mentally, in the meeting rooms he’s really taking that leadership over. He’s making all the calls and he’s sharp. It’s just about when he can return due to physical play.”
Adam Terry was walking around on crutches with his left leg heavily wrapped and putting no weight at all on it.
Patrick Carter (WR, Louisville) was absent from the morning practice, but is walking around the team hotel with his left arm in a sling.
Derrick Mason had his right knee wrapped this afternoon after a morning collision with Haruki Nakamura. Derrick does not expect it is something that will keep him out for a long period of time.
To say the morning practice was not interesting would be an understatement. Adam Terry went down in the early part of full team contact drills and immediately began to clutch his left leg and ankle area. This has been the same leg that he has had heavily taped during camp. Adam was quickly carted off the field and taken into the training room.
Here are some other notes from the morning session:
- Kelly Gregg was at practice and participating in all of the team drills after being seen at the team hotel late yesterday evening with his left leg heavily wrapped
- Several players were missing from practice this morning: PJ Daniels, Dan Cody,and Aaron Walker. Several of the guys who have not been at practice ths last couple of days were absent again today: Haloti Ngata, Jared Gaither, Dan Wilcox, Demetrius Williams, and Ed Reed
- Here is my take on Ed Reed. I think Ed Reed being out of practice is a reason for concern. Ed has not participated in any team activities since camp has opened. Ed shows no sign of an injury when he walks around at practice or the team hotel goes, he has no taped up leg or arm or anything else. Ed runs drills on the side with some of the other injured players while the team practices. At this point it makes you wonder if it is a neck injury or something related to that since he does nothing related to contact.
- With Adam Terry and Jared Gaither being out, O’Neil Cousins took the snaps at right tackle while Mike Kracalik took the snaps at left tackle. The Ravens only have Joe Reitz, Marshal Yanda, and David Hale, left as tackles
- Right as the offensive line was about to go over to team drills after individual drills, Ben Grubbs pulled the offensive lined together and gave them a pretty good pep talk. It was impressive to see and caught a lot of people’s eye.
- Right as practice was ending and the team was stretching in the individual units, Edgar Jones walked off the field with the team trainers.