Mark Clayton has a shoulder sprain that he suffered in the morning practice when he fell on the ground on his elbow and jammed his shoulder back. He is hoping to be back on the field before to long.
Here are some news and notes from the afternoon practice:
– Gary Stills was at the afternoon practice after missing the morning session and both practices yesterday
– Brendon Ayanbadejo was enjoying returning punts this afternoon as the punt team was getting some reps in
– Coach John Harbaugh was not to thrilled during one drill with the effort of the special teams unit and proceeded to sprint down the field with the team on the next drill
– It appears as though the annual King Ugly contest that the Ravens held every year will not be returning. Mike Flynn was always the leader of getting the collections together for the King Ugly. Under Coach Harbaugh that contest seems to have gone away.
– One of the other little things at camp that John Harbaugh has done away with is allowing a company that makes suits to come to camp and take orders from the players. The company has been told they can maybe come to the facility once the team is back at Owings Mills, but not during training camp.
Just saw Mark Clayton who has his right arm in a sling. There is no word on his injury or status so far. Also saw Kelly Gregg who has a pretty noticeable limp as he was walking through the team hotel.
More as I find out.
Here are some news and notes from the morning session:
– Willis McGahee dressed, but did not participate in any of the team or individual drills
– Mark Clayton left the field with a trainer early into the morning session and did not return
– Tom Zbikowski started at safety with the first team defense again today
– Yamon Figurs took more reps with the first team offense today
– Troy Smith clearly won the quarterback battle today with several impressive drives down the field
– Haruki Nakamura made some impressive defensive plays in the red zone on Todd Heap. After one of the stops, Cory Ivy ran out onto the field and did a crane kick in front of Haruki. After a second defensive stop, almost all of the defensive secondary players ran onto the field and gave him a high-five.
– The list of players missing practice continues to grow: Patrick Carter, Ed Reed, Samari Rolle, Justin Green, Cory Ross, Dan Cody, Gary Stills, Oniel Cousins, Jared Gaither, Joe Reitz, Adam Terry, Aaron Walker, Daniel Wilcox, Demetrius Williams, Justin Bannan, and Kelly Gregg.
– The Ravens added running back Alex Haynes to the roster today and parted ways with cornerback Anwar Phillips.