Here is the Ravens injury report for Friday:
Troy Smith (illness)
Fabian Washington (neck)
Kelly Gregg (knee)
Derrick Martin (shoulder)
Demetrius Williams (hamstring)
Coach Harbaugh spoke with the media today after practice and it ended pretty quickly. Coach Harbaugh has made it a point that he does not care to address injuries. You can listen to the entire interview in the audio vault on the website.
Coach Harbaugh did say that they are still sticking to the plan of playing in Houston on Monday night. There are back up plans in place, but Coach Harbaugh said that he has not been made aware of everything yet. The Ravens are still planning on leaving Sunday afternoon to head to Houston.
We had heard earlier in the week that we would hear an update about Troy Smith today. Coach Harbaugh said today that he has not had any conversations with anyone about the health of Troy Smith.
Here are some news and notes from the morning media portion of practice:
– The lists of players missing from today’s practice: Yamon Figurs, Derrick Martin, Fabian Washington, Troy Smith, Brendon Ayanbadejo, and Kelly Gregg.
– There was a very loud crowd noise being played in the indoor facility. As the team was in the red zone, the noise was increased.
– Haloti Ngata was back at practice today after missing the last two days
– Willis McGahee was running with the first-team offense today
– After the offensive line was done with their individual drills, coach John Matsko told the offensive line, “we just got better.”
– During a couple of the offensive line drills, Willie Anderson lined up next to Jared Gaither. Remember, Gaither is going to deal with Mario Williams, and the Ravens have said they are going to give Gaither some help.
– Todd Bouman was finally wearing a red jersey, after having to practice with a purple jersey since he got here.
– The special teams unit looked like they might have some tricks up their sleeve for this week’s game.