1. OK, so the sun is out and I’m going back to my original prediction. Ravens 34-Browns 10. Bring a book. This one might bore you to tears by the middle of the 3rd quarter.
You can see what I wrote below when I woke up at 7:00 am this morning and looked outside and saw the yucky weather. But now that sunshine has enveloped M&T Bank Stadium, I’ll stick with original thought. Ravens. In. A. Romp.
I hope the Ravens are mudders. The weather reminds me more of the Kentucky Derby than a football game. Wasn’t it this year that Mine That Bird came out of nowhere to win on a sloppy track at Churchill Downs? Mine that Who? That’s what everyone was saying after the race. The weather and the slick conditions could even the game up a little bit today at M&T Bank Stadium and give Cleveland more of a chance to win than. Then again, Dr. Phil COULD get elected President if he ran someday. Neither is gonna happen, but I’ll temper my enthusiasm for a Ravens romp because the weather will definitely show things down. Baltimore 24 – Browns 7.
2. For the 3rd straight game, Todd Heap will score a touchdown.
3. Terrell Suggs will pick off a pass and take it to the house.
4. Midway through the 3rd quarter, Brady Quinn will walk to the sidelines after another 3-and-out and say to Eric Mangini, “This is worse than playing for Notre Dame. Get me the hell outta there before I get killed.”
5. Ray Rice will score his first career TD on a 13 yard run.
6. The Browns fans who brave the confines of M&T Bank Stadium will be heckled endlessly throughout the game. As a group of them get up to leave with 5:00 to play in the game, one of the Browns backers will yell – to no one in particular – “At least our baseball team is better than your baseball team!” A section of Ravens fans will reply in unison: ”You’re right! So what?”
7. With eight minutes left in the 3rd quarter, the press box announcer will make the following statement: ”Braylon Edwards of the Browns is out of the game with a hamstring injury. His return is doubtful.” There will be an audible snicker from most of the folks in the press box.
8. The Ravens will block a punt.
9. Demetrius Williams will make 3 catches on Sunday. Yes, in the game. (Sheesh, wise guys).
10. Glenn Clark will walk into the press box around 10:20 am, see me, and say, “Forrester, don’t you say a f***ing word to me about the Terps, you got it??!”
BTW, I brought Catcher in the Rye with me…fyi.