– Dwight Howard brought the slam dunk challenge to a whole new level last night. That was a performance that will be talked about for a long time. I thought the slam dunk challenge had fallen off the last couple of years, but with all of Howard’s dunks last night and including the one that people will be talking about for ages with the Superman dunk ( although some are arguing today that it was not a dunk). Here are the other two dunks by Howard last night: off the back of the backboard windmill and his final dunk when he took the ball off of the backboard and dunked it.
– Gerald Green had a very impressive dunk with his cupcake dunk.
– Saw a NCAA instant classic yesterday when watching USF take on UConn, it was one of the more intense amazing endings of a basketball game I have seen in a while.
– So much for Tank Abbott and his comeback to the world of mixed martial arts, as he was stopped cold in his tracks by the internet sensation Kimbo Slice last night in Miami. I am still not overly impressed with Kimbo yet, in my opinion he has not really fought anyone. Tank Abbott was badly out of shape and has lost most of his last fights and has always been regarded as a “bar brawler.” There is talk that Ken Shamrock might come out of retirement and fight Kimbo. It would be interesting to see how Kimbo would do against someone that does not just want to stand a trade punches with him.
– Since I have to send my XBOX 360 in for repairs, I have had a chance to catch up on some movies. This weekend I watched three excellent movies: Gone Baby Gone, The Assassination of Jesse James, and We Own the Night. I would put Gone Baby Gone as one of the Top 10 movies I have ever seen. Might watch 3:10 to Yuma which everyone has told me good things about.
– Ok time to get my Dale Jr. throwback jersey on and watch the last two laps of the NASCAR race.