A few notes from Palm Beach and the NFL Owners Meetings:
1. Ravens coach John Harbaugh will toe the rubber at Oriole Park at Camden Yards as he throws out the first pitch for the O’s-Yankees game on Sunday, April 20th. (I didn’t warn him to expect to be booed by the 35,000-plus Yankees fans that will be there to witness it in three weeks).
2. The Ravens have been awarded four compensatory picks in the April 26-27 Draft. The Ravens get picks number 99, 133, 206 & 240 (a 3rd, 4th, 6th & a 7th).
3. No word yet on the preseason schedule for the Ravens. We’ll keep you in the loop. The league is expected to announce its full 2008 sometime in the next 10 days.
4. Jamison Hensley of The Sun is doing an exclusive interview with Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti for a future edition. We’ll keep our eyes out for it.
5. The Breakers is the most expensive place I’ve ever been in the United States (and I’ve been to some pricey places). It’s beautiful, but I think the $14 turkey sandwich at the coffee shop is a little ridiculous.
6. I miss Opening Day and the Orioles. As mean and as crappy as they are (and as empty as I hear the upper deck is today), I’m STILL fully committed to going to the game on Thursday night and having fun. Hope you join me at The Wharf Rat.
More from Florida as things progress here…