With the local college basketball season getting underway on Friday night, I thought I’d offer my “official” predictions for the “Baltimore Five” in 2009-2010.
- Coppin State — Tough to replace Tywain McKee. Projected finish: 5-11 in the MEAC
- Morgan State — Bozeman continues to excel on Hillen Rd. 12-6 in the MEAC
- Towson University — Best season yet in the Pat Kennedy era. 11-7 in the CAA
- UMBC — New big man and point guard keep ‘Dawgs competitive: 10-6 in America East
- Loyola — MAAC getting tougher every year, ‘Hounds middle of the pack. 9-9 in MAAC
As I said during Friday’s edition of The Comcast Morning Show, I think at least one of the local teams — as has been the case in each of the last two years — will play for their conference title and the right to earn a trip to the NCAA tournament.
College basketball is here.
Let the games begin.
I’ll be at the Towson Center on Friday night to see Towson take on legendary coach Charlie Coles and Miami of Ohio.