OK..how many people are really shocked by yesterdays result? I mean really! I along with most of the WNST family and friends thought the Ravens would win the game. I thought it would be a struggle and as I said on Friday thought a late TD would put it away for the Ravens. With that being said, I am not stunned, shocked or surprised at the result.
Some bullet points on yesterday and the future:
1. Lets put the JAMAL vs WILLIS debate to rest…in the words of DENNY GREEN, " JAMAL IS WHAT WE THOUGHT HE WAS", bottom line JAMAL 2.78 yards per carry, take away the CINCY game and he is under 3 yards per carry for the season…he’s done, he will find a nut now and then, but he is not a top 20 running back in the NFL, with all due respect to RAY RAY.
WILLIS on the other hand had 7.43 yards a carry on ONLY 14 carries…I know we were down early but 14 carries when your RB is hot…terrible. For the year WILLIS is averaging 4.7 yards a carry…DEBATE OVER!
2. Brian Billick needs to bring in a new Offensive Coordinator for next year. We need a new system. Brian is a great administrator, but something needs to change. We are slow in getting red flags out, we are slow in the two minute drill..we are just slow…His attention to detail is spread too far.
3. The Defense missing Samari Rolle…read that fans…they miss the scapegoat for 2006, Samari Rolle.
4. The biggest problem with the RAVENS in my opinion is the lack of a pass rush. In order to ever get any pressure on a QB is to blitz…which leaves the secondary on an island…and we see how that has worked out so far.
5. See Number 3 after reading Number 4.
6. The Ravens MUST win the next 3 games…they MUST…otherwise this is going to get ugly.
7. Did anyone even realize the Orioles played yesterday…to this moment I have no clue if they won or lost…honestly no clue…and that makes me sad.
8. Someone please run a go pattern and get them the ball in a first half of a game…just try it one time…what is the worst thing that can happen.
9. Time for RAY RAY and Mr. REED to get this defense back on trach…they are the leaders…now is the time to lead!
10. THE SILVER LINING is that we are 1 game out of first place in the division and a 1/2 game out of the wildcard after 4 weeks…it is a long season…they team has a chance to bounce back…forget about Cleveland right now…all focus turns toward San Fran who got torched at home yesterday and will give the RAVENS everything they have…