Every father has dream that their son, or sons, will become the professional athlete that we wish we were. When I was 16-17 years old, I was a VERY good wide receiver/second baseman for my high school teams, and had dreams of playing pro ball. Problem was, I wasn’t good enough. A fact that became very clear to me, fortunately, sooner, rather then later. However, I have what other dads dream of….a very athletic son who is good at every sport he plays. And he’s only 9.
If this was the English Premier League and he was a whiz at soccer, I don’t doubt that one of the top flight team would be looking to sign my boy to their perspective academy’s. Which gets me to thinking…my son could play in the pros right now. Listed below, are the teams and positions my boy could play:
– Baltimore Orioles reliever
– Cleveland Browns quarterback/defensive back/head coach
– Pittsburgh Steelers running back (God forbid)
– Maryland Terrapins, well, any football position
– Seattle Seahawks kicker
– Washington Nationals starting pitcher
– Washington Redskins quarterback (once again, God forbid)
Just a small sampling, but I’m sure you get the idea. Any dad out there that has dreams of his son becoming a pro athlete, don’t fret….there are many a jobs that will be up for grabs in the near future.