The Orioles are still playing baseball. Did you know that? Judging by the density of empty seats during the first post-All Star homestand at Camden Yards, you did not. Well, here’s a quiz to see how much you are paying attention to the club at this point in the season. Oh, and the Orioles won a nearly five hour 21 run game against the Rays last night, if you care.
Anyway, here’s the quiz. For an upside down answer key, scroll to the bottom of the article and turn your laptop upside down.
1. While writhing around on the ground after getting hit in the crotch with a ball, Rays outfielder Carl Crawford said,____________________________________________.”
2. Which of the following players is Baltimore’s most underutilized baseball talent?
A. Josh Bell
B. Nolan Reimold
C. Zach Britton
D. Troy Smith, he just needs to get a chance
3. Andy MacPhail’s best offseason acquisition was
A. Kevin Millwood
B. Garrett Atkins
C. Mike Gonzalez
D. A few nice ties from Jos A. Bank
4. The next Orioles manager will be
A. Buck Showalter
B. Eric Wedge
C. Lou Piniella
D. Gone in a year and a half
5. ____________________________ is more fun than watching the Orioles
A. Eating nails
B. Drinking teardrop soup
C. Listening to Air Supply
D. All of the above
6. Last night, the Orioles
D. It doesn’t matter. None of this matters.
7. Which currently rehabbing Oriole is most likely to help the team turnaround in the second half?
A. Brian Roberts
B. Mike Gonzalez
C. Matt Wieters
D. Ahahahaha! You said “turnaround”
8. The Oriole with the most trade value is
A. Miguel Tejada
B. Ty Wigginton
C. Jeremy Guthrie
D. The bird. Not the mascot. The one that hangs around the left field upper deck all by itself
9. Which Orioles pitcher is in the running for Rookie of the Year?
A. Brian Matusz
B. Chris Tillman
C. Jake Arrieta
D. Kevin Millwood
10. Which of the following events will happen first?
A. The Orioles will win the World Series
B. The Nats will win the World Series
C. Baseball will get a salary cap
D. Frogs, locusts
1. “It could be worse. I could be anyone of the 25 guys wearing Orange.”
9. No one. Just seeing if you were paying attention