Sorry to all for such a delay on the review of the Ravens vs Panthers game from last Thursday. I have been down in Ocean City, and today was the first chance I got to come to the library and actually have some internet.
Without further ado let’s get started
One unimportant game down, and three more to go until we get to real football. But don’t get me wrong, I have been waiting for these “preseason” games because that means the regular season is right around the corner.
First, let’s go over some noteworthy points from last Thursday night.
- Terrence Cody showed that him, Ngata and Gregg could provide a heavy duty 3 way defensive rotation along that defensive front.
- Mark Clayton and Willis McGahee were put on stage and they both delivered. People disagree whether it was more to keep the starters from not getting injured, or to showcase their values for trades, but no matter what the reason was, they performed.
- Prince Miller (as I tweeted before the game) helped improve his stock, with several defensive plays, and a very solid punt return, shakin and bakin his way through tackles.
- THE SECONDARY NEEDS HELP. Adding Fabian Washington, Chris Carr and a healthy Lardarius Webb will certainly help, but they definitely showed they need help. Travis Fisher struggled, Cary Williams and Prince Miller showed signs of promise at certain points, but to be honest the truth is that they are average NFL players at best. Chris Hawkins and Doug Dutch didn’t do anything for me, or for the team for that matter.
- I think the most important thing is the pass rush is much improved; Antwan Barnes and Paul Kruger looked like new and improved players, while T-Sizzle looked like he is playing with something to prove, and that’s how you want your high salary guys playing.
- The last thing is Flacco is going to have good Tight End’s for a really long time with Dickson and Pitta.
For those of you who were unable to watch the game, here are some highlights for you.
All in All, I was impressed with the team last Thursday night in their 17-12 win over Carolina, and hopefully we can go to 2-0 and 6-0 in our last 6 preseason games when we face the Dead… I mean Redskins next Saturday.
Remember to friend me on Facebook- Ryan Baumohl
AND Follow me on twitter- Ryanwnst
Ryan The Intern- WNST where we never stop talking Baltimore Sports