Not only do we have a Ravens romp in Cleveland to get excited about today.
And the Indianapolis Colts coming to town next Sunday to end the weekend with a bang.
But in between, we have five days worth of prep for the arrival of the greatest thing to ever come out of Freehold, New Jersey.
Bruce Springsteen plays First Mariner Arena on Friday night, his first engagement in Baltimore since 1977 (Towson Center). I just saw Springsteen at Verizon Center last May, but this one on Friday night will be very special. I spent 17 years in that building with the Blast/Spirit indoor soccer team and a lot of my life’s great memories took place in that old barn on West Baltimore St.
I just saw Jay-Z there last month – and that was certainly a treat. But it won’t compare to seeing “Bruuuuuuuce” on Friday night.
So, this week, I’m paying homage to Bruce and the E Street Band by playing ONLY Springsteen music during my show (excecpt for the traditional “Raised on the Radio” that starts the show each morning.
It’s my own personal top 50 Springsteen songs.
Here’s 50 through 41, played on Monday.
50. Countin’ on a miracle (that’s what the Browns are doing tonight…)
49. Jackson Cage (one of the better songs on The River)
48. Something in the Night (Darkness on the Edge of Town)
47. Livin’ in the future (Magic)
46. Ain’t Got You (Tunnel of Love)
45. Mary’s Place (The Rising)
44. Brilliant Disguise (Tunnel of Love)
43. Point Blank (The River)
42. This Life (Working on a Dream)
41. Life Itself (Working on a Dream)
What’s your favorite, #1 Springsteen song of all-time?