We will be putting our tailgate party tickets on sale Tuesday morning once we absolutely finalize all of the details. As you could tell from our videos from Nashville, we want to do this the right way and show people a great time.
Right now, here’s what we have. It is subject to change.
Cost: $12 per person in advance via paypal ($15 cash only at door)
Time: Noon to 5 p.m. this Sunday, Jan. 18th
Where: Sheraton Station Square’s Grand Ballroom (painted purple of course!)
300 West Station Square Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15219 (412) 803-3870
Here’s the skinny:
* We will be screen the NFC Championship game on a giant 10’ x 10’ Projection Screen.
* Food will be for sale: Hamburgers with fries, Chicken Fingers with fries, 2 Hot dogs with fries, Chili with Nachos, or Chili with Fries ($6.50 including tax for each selection).
* Domestic Beer ($3.50 including tax). Wine and mixed drinks available.
* Baltimore DJ spinning fun dance tunes (like last week in Nashville…see videos here and here)
* This is a Ravens-only tailgate party. We’re going to Pittsburgh to have fun and watch our team go to the Super Bowl, not to start trouble.
Here’s why we’re doing it here:
It’s just across the river from Heinz Field and the Sheraton is attached to a huge shopping/tourist attraction where any Ravens fan can easily grab the Gateway Clipper riverboat shuttle tickets to get to and from the game ($5 one way, $10 round trip).
Parking available in all Station Square lots.
It has been our experience that parking anywhere near the stadium on “the island” is a disaster, especially in trying to leave. This is the best option we know of where we could easily congregate and get to the game easily and we’ve spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh.
(FOR ANYONE ON OUR WNST BUS: Our buses will drop at Station Square around noon and pickup after the game at the Pittsburgh Hilton across the river in Downtown. A map will be provided upon entry to the bus. It’s quite easy!)
As for last week’s legendary parties in Nashville:
We thought it was great to spend another roadie gameday with so many Ravens fans and in Pittsburgh we know it would be difficult to “mobilize.” We did a pep rally back in 2001 in the suburbs but this one is more of an indoor pre-game “tailgate” party where we can all replicate the parking lots at M&T Bank Stadium and have some fun. And easily and painlessly make a 5 p.m. getaway and still get to the game with plenty of time to spare. It’s a quick boat ride!
If you’re coming to Pittsburgh for the game, we hope you leave Baltimore early, beat the traffic and join us at the Station Square Sheraton in Pittsburgh around noon. Dance, have a beer, talk football and celebrate Festivus in style in Pittsburgh.
Let’s get the party started! The more of you…the more fun we have!