It’s a Happy Thursday for me because I’m thinking about the Darius Rucker show at Pier Six Pavilion on October 22nd, and just happened to find this gem as I was doing so…
As I already explained to Boomer Sooner, if Rucker does Purple Rain on the 22nd-I cannot be held responsible for my actions.
By the way, I’ve been posting a ton of stuff on Facebook this week (you can add me as a friend by searching “Glenn Clark” and adding the best looking guy you find). I’ve been adding a bunch of stuff to my iPod, so I’ve been sharing some of the things I find…like this surreal combo between Soulive and Robert Randolph…
Let’s see what everyone has to say…
1. WNST.net’s Glenn Clark says Ravens believe Denver Broncos atop NFL in passing offense thanks in part to YAC, missed tackles
This probably isn’t the case with Demaryius Thomas; but it certainly is the case with Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney and Eddie Royal. If the Ravens are going to keep Kyle Orton and company in check Sunday, they’re going to have to make sure tackling part of the gameplan. Of course, I guess they should always make sure tackling part of the gameplan.
The fact is that there’s almost NO chance the Broncos will have success running the ball; but they might get time to throw it given the Ravens’ lack of pass rush. If Orton gets time, he’ll find his targets. The Ravens just need to make those targets don’t get out of their grasp and get downfield.
2. National Football Post’s Aaron Wilson says DE Paul Kruger (knee) not expected to return until after bye week
I know I already made a suggestion yesterday, but I think it’s fair for me to make another. With the Ravens needing help at DE for a little while, I think it’s fair that they consider going with Helen Flanagan. (Thanks Guyism!)
3. BaltimoreRavens.com’s Ryan Mink says Kruger, Tavares Gooden, Jared Gaither, Donte’ Stallworth all OUT Sunday
And we knew all four guys would be out, so this comes as no surprise. As far as who else will be down Sunday-my guess would be Scott Kooistra, Edgar Jones, Arthur Jones and Lamar Divens.
As far as Gaither’s concerned, he told us yesterday he “can’t wait” to get back on the field this season and maintained that he didn’t need surgery. While I by no means believe Gaither is above criticism, I ABSOLUTELY think that the conspiracy theorists who believe Gaither is simply taking part in an elaborate holdout orchestrated by Drew Rosenhaus are absolutely goofy.
Faking a back injury doesn’t earn you any money…anywhere…ever.
As far as IR is concerned, the Ravens can’t just simply place Gaither on IR to “wash their hands” of the situation as some might suggest. They know that there isn’t a single player available who is NEARLY as good as Gaither. Not in the same galaxy. Therefore, they have to be willing to be just a bit more patient with their big man.
It’s definitely frustrating.
4. CSNBaltimore.com’s John Eisenberg says Ravens amongst Super Bowl contenders after win over Pittsburgh Steelers
I couldn’t agree more. In fact, I said the same thing on Facebook and Twitter (follow us @WNST) Sunday night; then had to fight with not just folks from the Steel City, but also folks that are Ravens fans!
Winning at Heinz Field clarified that the Ravens are legitimately amongst the best teams in the AFC. I’m not sure why anyone would want to argue with that, but for some reason, certain fans are. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.
The team is a Super Bowl contender. It doesn’t mean they’re going to hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy in Arlington, it doesn’t even mean they’re going to play in the game. But it does mean they have a real opportunity, which as of right now can’t be said of other teams-like the Miami Dolphins.
5. The AP’s David Ginsburg says DT Haloti Ngata ‘humble’ star
Before we move on from the Ravens, a couple of things…
-The Ravens are back on the practice field today at 1 Winning Drive; and we will of course be in Owings Mills to cover it. We are expected to hear from Offensive Coordinator Cam Cameron, Defensive Coordinator Greg Mattison, Special Teams Coordinator Jerry Rosburg and LB Terrell Suggs amongst others today. Make sure you’re tuned in to AM1570 WNST, checking us on Twitter and staying right here at WNST.net!
-Did you miss Lamar Divens with Drew Forrester Thursday on “The Morning Reaction” on AM1570 WNST? Make sure you head over to the BuyAToyota.com Audio Vault here at WNST.net today to check it out. Some other things you can find in the Audio Vault include…
- Sean Salisbury (“Sean Unfiltered”-Voice America Sports Radio)-who joined Drew Thursday morning to go around the NFL
- John Plevyak (Stevenson University Soccer Coach)-who checked in with Drew Thursday to discuss the Mustangs’ big win Wednesday over Salisbury
- Denison Cabral (Baltimore Blast legend)-who discussed the end of his tenure in Baltimore with Drew Thursday
- Vic Carucci (NFL.com)-who joined Rex Snider Wednesday on “The Afternoon Drive” to discuss Joe Flacco and more
- Barry Barnes (Fanhouse)-who went around the AFC North Wednesday with Rex
- Charles Bankins (Terrapins ST/TE Coach)-who joined Thyrl Nelson Wednesday for the “Terrapins Coaches Report”
- Anthony Castrovince (MLB.com)-who predicted Roy Halladay’s no-hitter (REALLY) with Thyrl Wednesday on “The Mobtown Sports Beat”
- Joe Posnanski (Sports Illustrated)-who discussed all things MLB postseason with Thryl Wednesday
- All sorts of Audio from 1 Winning Drive Wednesday-including John Harbaugh, Joe Flacco, Ray Lewis, Fabian Washington, Jared Gaither, Jarret Johnson, Lardarius Webb, Paul Kruger, TJ Houshmandzadeh and Tavares Gooden
It’s all in the Audio Vault, so your day is planned AGAIN. Could I do anything more for you???
6. Baltimore Business Journal’s Ryan Sharrow says Orioles ratings up 10% on MASN
Not in Glenn Clark’s house. But not because I don’t love the O’s…just because I’m too busy watching Billy The Exterminator…
7. Washington Examiner’s Thom Loverro says Nationals slugger Adam Dunn could end up in Charm City
Seriously, how do we get him here? I mean, does he need my help in packing? I’m available-I just moved myself last week in a Tropical Storm. I’m ready to go.
My guess is that the Birds DON’T get Adam Dunn from the Nats. Mostly because it will require money. But if they come away with Diora Baird this offseason, I’ll consider it an upgrade. (Thanks FHM via Busted Coverage!)
8. The Sun’s Jeff Zrebiec says Buck Showalter to make decision on Birds’ staff by Friday
And before we move on from the Orioles, a couple of things…
9. D1scourse’s Patrick Stevens says Maryland TE David Stinebaugh expected to miss 4-6 weeks with MCL injury
I feel like things are so thin at TE for Ralph Friedgen’s team at this point that I actually might be pressed into taking a handful of snaps against Clemson. I’m ready, for the record.
Also, this sorta dampens my plans to go check out my Perry Hall Gators against Woodlawn on Friday night. I mean, I’ll still go-but I just won’t be as thrilled talking PHHS football with our new greatest alum hurt.
But Go Gators anyway!
In honor of Lefty Driesell, they should leave it at midnight. Despite that, I’ll certainly be in College Park Friday night to celebrate Gary Williams’ newest team. But if somehow Hiromi Oshima were to be there next Friday, I think I’d be willing to forgive the fact that it isn’t at midnight. (Thanks The Smoking Jacket!)
And finally, I leave you with this.
I gave you Keenan Cahill doing Ke$ha yesterday. Apparently he does Usher and Katy Perry as well…
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…