Random Friday afternoon thoughts:
- Looking forward to the UFC pay per view this weekend. I am pulling for one of my favorite fighters Rich “Ace” Franklin to regain his title when he fights Anderson Silva to get his middleweight title back.
- Hopefully I can get back over to Ground Control on Monday and start working out again. Almost recovered from my rib injury from a couple of weeks ago.
- Good for Joe Torre to tell the Yankees no. He will have a job the second that he wants one. Will be interesting to see if the Cardinals do something with Tony LaRussa, and if Torre would take that job if it opened up.
- Am pulling for the Rockies in the World Series. It is a great story and one of my all time favorite Orioles plays on that team. LaTroy Hawkins was one of the most down to earth, easy to talk to baseball players that I have ever been around. While fans may not have thought much of him as a pitcher here, he was always a stand up guy and very popular with the media.
- Also if the Indians make it you have to pull for Chris Gomez. Chris was also a great guy to talk to, and such a very intelligent baseball guy that truly loves to just play the game.
- How Kid Rock’s new album is #1 on the Billboard charts is beyond me. I liked most of his stuff, but just not a big fan of his new album Rock n Roll Jesus. Seeing him in Detroit the night before the Super Bowl is still one of the best concerts I have ever attended, but his new album is not that good.
- Couple of albums that I do like that have recently come out are:
Alterbridge: Blackbird ( yes I know it is three members of Creed and a new lead singer, but the guy Myles can flat out sing, and the album is very good)
Kenny Chesney: Just Who I Am: A really, really, good cd. In my opinion rates up there with some of the best stuff that he has done.
Whiskey Falls:Whiskey Falls: A country group that is very good, has a rockish country sound to them( if that makes sense).
Also have been enjoying 50 Cent, Kanye, Puddle of Mudd, Will I Am, and Chamillionaire.
Also enjoying the KISS DVD collection, so far I have only been able to find part two that has the concert from Largo, MD in 1979 as a bonus disc.
Always open to listening to suggestions about music.