It’s not Saturday, but it sure feels like one. 14 D-1 games tonight, at least that’s what the Fox Sports “Flash” just told me.
For me, there is just nothing like college football season. I love baseball, I love the Ravens, I love US Soccer, but where else can you turn on the TV at 10 in the morning and keep watching games until midnight?
Maryland goes out on Saturday against the Delaware Blue Hens in College Park. Most have the Terps favored by between 16 and 18 points. I’ll do a full preview of the game tomorrow afternoon, so stay tuned for that.
I’m normally a structured blogger that treats each entry like an official document, but this one will be a little different.
Here’s a list of the things I love about Maryland football in no particular order:
1) The Fight Song
2) The Mighty Sounds of Maryland
3) The Crazies in Section 21
4) When the Terps run out onto the field before each game, hopefully to “Know Your Enemy”
5) Special K
6) HEY YOU SUCK!
7) Seeing Dave Sollazzo after a big defensive play
8) Those cheesy pump up videos
9) GO SPRET
10) The Original Ledo’s in Adelphi
11) The Post Game Show with Johnny Holliday
There are so many more, and I wish I had time to really think this out but I want to call in to Keith Cavanaugh on WNST so I gotta end it here.