In honor of how many major titles Tiger Woods owns, here are 14 quick points for you to ponder on this Monday.
1. A message from Mike Mussina: “Put that in your pipe and smoke it, haters…”
2. So much for the Cowboys being “great”. They lost at home to the lowly Redskins on Sunday.
3. I’m guessing that decision by the Arizona Cardinals to stay on the east coast this past week probably wasn’t such a good idea after all.
4. Dodgers and Phillies in the NLCS.
5. The Bengals are D.O.N.E. – Done.
6. Don’t let the 41-30 final score deceive you. Alabama CLOBBERED Georgia on Saturday.
7. Only in Baltimore can the baseball team finish in last place and people gleefully say: “but we made progress!”
8. Speaking of baseball, I’m rooting for the Brewers and the Rays in the post-season.
9. Hats off to Rutgers for calling off the dogs on Saturday after they led 38-0 at the half over Morgan State. Classy move.
10. Is the NASCAR season still going on? What a flash-in-the-pan THAT was…huh?
11. Did the Mets really lose at home to the Marlins on the last day of the year to miss the playoffs – again? I thought lightning couldn’t strike twice in the same place…
12. I don’t know why…but every single time “Cool Hand Luke” comes on TV, I watch it.
13. Yeah, firing Ralph would have been a great idea.
14. Baltimore 17 – Steelers 16