|Men’s Game Information|
|Opponent||Duke Blue Devils|
|Date||Saturday, March 10, 2012|
|Location||Baltimore, Md.| Ridley Athletic Complex|
• Loyola University Maryland returns home to battle No. 11/9 Duke University on Saturday, March 10, at Ridley Athletic Complex at noon.
• The Greyhounds are off to their first 4-0 start since 2002 when the squad won its first seven games.
• This is the 24th meeting all-time between the Blue Devils and the Greyhounds, with Duke holding a 14-9 advantage in the series.
• Duke has won five-straight over Loyola and eight of the last nine, including topping the Greyhounds, 11-9, in the first-ever game played at Ridley Athletic Complex on March 13, 2010.
• The last time the Greyhounds defeated the Blue Devils was on March 10, 2007, when Loyola beat Duke, 8-7, in The First Four held in San Diego Calif.
• The Blue Devils beat Loyola, 14-9, in Durham, N.C. last season. Mike Sawyer scored five goals for the Greyhounds in the loss.
• The series dates back to 1946 and the team’s have played at least once every season since 2000.
In The Polls
• Loyola moved up to No. 9 in the USILA Coaches’ Poll, and 12th in the Nike/Inside Lacrosse Media Rankings after its 11-8 victory at Bellarmine. The Greyhounds are one of four ECAC teams in the polls, joining Denver (13/11), Ohio State (20/18) and Fairfield (17/17).
Finding The Back Of The Net
• Loyola has posted 10 or more goals through the first four games to open the season, marking the first time since 2001 that the team has scored 10-plus goals in four-straight games.
• The Greyhounds tallied 10 or more goals for seven-straight games in 2001, going 5-2 in those contests.
• Through the first four games, the Greyhounds rank 12th in NCAA Division I in goals per game (13.00) as of the March 5 rankings.
Toomey Wins 50th
• Head coach Chaley Toomey recorded his 50th-career win on Wednesday night as the Greyhounds defeated Michigan, 15-8.
• Toomey, who is in his seventh season, has led Loyola to eight-plus wins in each of the last three seasons and has had the Greyhounds finish .500 or better in al seven seasons since coming to Baltimore.
Record At Ridley
• After going 4-1 at Ridley Athletic Complex last season, the Greyhounds opened their third year at the stadium with a 13-8 win over then-No. 19 Delaware and a 13-6 victory against Towson. Loyola is now 10-3 all-time at Ridley.
• Loyola plays its second of three-straight at home when the Greyhounds battle ECAC-foe Air Force on Saturday, March 17 at noon.
• The Greyhounds host Georgetown on Wednesday, March 21, at 7 p.m.