CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Two players that led their teams to wins have earned America East Men’s Lacrosse weekly awards for the second week of the season:
Player of the Week
Brody Eastwood, So., Attacker, Stony Brook
- Tallied nine goals in two games last week.
- Scored a season-high six goals in Stony Brook’s win over Lafayette Tuesday.
- Scored three times at No. 2 Duke Sunday.
Rookie of the Week
Max Maxwell, Fr., Attacker, UMBC
- Scored three times, including the game winner and all in the second half, in UMBC’s win over Monmouth Saturday.
- Tallied the three scores on just four shots.
- Goals were the first of his career.
Around the League
- Stony Brook picked up its first win of the year Tuesday, downing Lafayette, 18-10.
- Brody Eastwood scored six times to lead SBU.
- UMBC improved to 1-1 with a 10-8 win over Monmouth Saturday.
- Matt Gregoire had four goals to pace the Retrievers.
- Albany fell to #18 in the USILA Coaches Poll and 17th in the Warrior Media Poll after a one-goal loss to Drexel.
2014 Men’s Lacrosse Weekly Awards
Feb. 17 – Player of the Week: Kevin O’Shea, Hartford
Rookie of the Week: Kyle Rowe, Stony Brook
Feb. 24 – Player of the Week: Brody Eastwood, Stony Brook
Rookie of the Week: Max Maxwell, UMBC