Huge win for the Ravens today. They were able to come up with big plays when they needed to on both offense and defense. Here are some other observations from the weekend:
- I want to thank everyone that came out to Shuckers in Fells Point for the Ravens – Dolphins viewing party. It was a great time! Thanks to Andy and his staff at Shuckers for their hospitality and Rachel from Corona for providing giveaways during the game. Shuckers is a great place any time to visit, but especially on Sunday’s if you are an NFL fan.
- Willis McGahee ran the ball as hard as we have seen him run since probably the Ravens – Patriots game last season. For most of the day, he ran with a burst through the line of scrimmage and down hill. With the exception of that fumble on the break away run when he was caught from behind, it was a very solid day for Willis.
- I will say this now. I do not buy that Chris McAlister was held out because of knee. McAlister did not once appear on this week’s injury report. Suddenly he is not playing. I think there is more to it.
- It was not a great day for Joe Flacco but it was a solid performance. Flacco made the throws when he needed to and got more guys involved in the offense. He still made some rookie mistakes, but this was a solid bounceback game after a couple of rocky games over the last couple of weeks.
-The Ravens defense may have made the Dolphins rethink about their “wildcat” offense. The Ravens defense did not fall for it once today. They had it scouted out every time the Dolphins tried it. Very solid game by the Ravens defense.
- Have to give Chris Chester his credit where it is due. He had a much better game than what I thought he would have today filling in for Yanda. Let’s see if Chester can continue his solid performance week after week.
Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays on making it to the World Series. I am especially glad to see a guy like Chad Bradford, one of the best guys to come through the Orioles locker room, make it to the World Series. Also, congratulations to Andy Freed, a Towson graduate who does play by play for the Rays. What an amazing performance by David Price for the Rays in the biggest situation he has encountered in his young career.
As I was flipping through the channels Sunday night, a familiar face showed up on my television. That person was former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Edgerton Hartwell. Hartwell’s wife Lisa Wu Hartwell, is a part of the Bravo channel reality show The Real Housewives of Atlanta.