This event is taking place in england. For show times for PPV please check UFC.TV
I will only touch on the main card fights in this preview. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask away.
1. Not sure if this will make the PPV or not but I will start here. Antoni Hardonk Vs. Colin Robinson. The UFC is still searching for a heavyweight star and I doubt they will find it here. Both of these guys prefer to stand up. Hardonk is clearly the better of the two when striking. I will give this fight to Hardonk. Robinson showed me nothing when fighting Eddie Sanchez in his last appearance.
2.Kendall Grove vs. Jorge Rivera- This fight is interesting. Rivera is a tough fighter who prefers to bang on the feet. Grove is a very rangy fighter. He is 6’6″ fighting 185. He has decent hand skills has the capability to finish the fight on the ground as well. Unless Jorge has rounded his game out a little more I expect Kendall to finish him on the ground.
3. Wilson Gouviea vs. Jason Lambert – This fight is a tough fight to call. Both are well rounded. Both guys are very tough. Lambert is the more experienced of the two but I am still leaning Gouviea’s way in this one. I believe he trains with a better camp and I think it will give him the edge in this fight.
4. Jesse Liaudin vs. Marcus Davis – Looks like a gimme for Marcus. Marcus is getting better and better each time out. He has solid boxing skills and his ground game is always inproving. Jesse has not fought anyone on this level and I think he may be in over his head.
5. Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabricio Werdum – Very interesting match up. These guys are mirro images of eachother. Both have decent hand skills but are world class ground fighters. They have met once before several years ago with Werdum winning that one by decision. Gonzaga shocked the world when he kicked Cro Cop’s head off and earned a title shot. He then lost to Randy Couture. I think he was doing very well with Randy until an accidental head but broke his nose. This fight looks good on paper. Hopefully it will live up to its potential. I am going to pick Gonzaga to win this one. But this is a coin flip fight.
6. BJ Penn vs. Joe Stevenson – Another interesting matchup. Joe is a very talented fighter. He has a ton of experience. I just think BJ will be too much for him. I think BJ’s hands are a little better and this will be the difference in the fight. BJ will bust Joe up on their feet and then eventually finish him on the ground. Joe does have solid grappling skills but BJ is world class on the ground. Unless Bj gets tired he will be the winner of this match.