Here is the Ravens injury report for Friday:
Out: Troy Smith
Doubtful: Kelly Gregg
Questionable: Ed Reed
Probable: Oneil Cousins (back), Todd Heap (knee), Willis McGahee(knee),Marshal Yanda(thumb)
2:25 Former Ravens offensive lineman Mike Flynn is here today and back from his time in New England. Mike will be doing some work with the Ravens this year. Friday’s are interesting as usually you see Brad Jackson,Qadry Ismail, Kyle Richardson, and other former Ravens around the building.
Here are some other notes from the media session this afternoon:
- Coach Harbaugh is excited to add Willie Anderson to his roster and would not comment on whether he will play on Sunday or not.
- Coach Harbaugh gave no new news as it relates to the players who have been nursing injuries. The basic comment was “we will wait and see” as it relates to injuries.
- Willie Anderson said he is excited to join the Ravens and has always looked at the Ravens and respected the way that they do things. You can listen to Willie talk about leaving Cincinnati, joining the Ravens, and his health during the Rob Long Show today.
- For the second year in a row, the Ravens will not make anyone the team captain. The NFL started allowing teams to designate captains on their team with a patch last season and Brian Billick decided not to do it. Coach Harbaugh has also decided that he will not be doing it either, but said they will have captains during the coin toss.
News from the morning practice:
- All of the walking wounded was present and accounted for out on the field this morning except for Troy Smith. Ed Reed, Kelly Gregg, Chris McAlister, and Willis McGahee, were all on the field. This morning’s practice was in soft shells, so there will not be a lot of contact at the practice.
- Willie Anderson is on the practice field this morning wearing #79 and doing some reps with the offensive lineman as they were warming up. From what we could account for, Edgar Jones did not appear to be on the field and was possibly victim to the roster move for Anders. There is nothing official from the Ravens on Anderson as of yet.
- Todd Bouman looked like odd man out with the quarterbacks this morning when all of the other quarterbacks came out on the field in red jerseys and he walked out in a purple jersey.
More updates later this afternoon after the media meets with Coach Harbaugh.