Here is the final installation of the three part Hall of Fame debate.
Today’s debate is the NFL. I saved the best for last. Again, think active players, so Brett Favre will not appear.
I’ve given 16 players who’ll go and five players who I don’t think will go. Let the debate begin.
- Tom Brady – Forget Super Bowl 42, he’s the best in the game.
- Jason Taylor – 117 total sacks. He may be a better football player than Strahan.
- Ray Lewis – The best linebacker. EVER.
- Jonathan Ogden – You won’t realize how great he still is until he retires
- Peyton Manning – The most dedicated quarterback in the games. Over 41,000 yards and 306 touchdowns.
- Marvin Harrison – If he doesn’t go, neither should Manning.
- LaDainain Tomlinson – Over 10,000 yards in only seven seasons. Best football player in the game.
- Michael Strahan – 141.5 sacks. Is there any debate?
- Donovan McNabb – A rare breed. The ability to drive his team is unmatched.
- Brian Urlacher – Should he go? No. Will he go? Yes.
- Isaac Bruce – Quietly put together a Hall of Fame career. 942 reception, 14,109 yards, and 84 touchdowns.
- Randy Moss – Do we really need to discuss this?
- Torry Holt – Has flourished in a wide open offense.
- Steve Hutchinson – The best at his position.
- Terrell Owens – I’m not a fan, but he’s dominant. Pencil him in for 80 receptions, 1000 yards, and 10 touchdowns.
- Edgerrin James – 11,607 yards, 418 receptions, and 88 touchdowns for a great offensive team.
Not Quite the Hall
- Zach Thomas – 12 years, only four seasons with 100 tackles or more.
- Chad Johnson – Very productive, but will his act wear thin?
- Steve McNair – Not sure if he’s done enough.
- Tedy Bruschi – Everyone loves Tedy, but he’s no Hall of Famer.
- Alan Faneca – Kills the Ravens, and is one of the best around. Not sure if he’s a HOFer.