Ryan Chell’s Rankings…
32. Oakland Raiders (3-9); LW-31
Carson Palmer’s the luckiest guy on the face of the planet. Can go through the motions every day at work and get a boatload of money without anyone holding him to his performance. Where do I sign up?
31. Philadelphia Eagles (3-9); LW-30
Jim Washburn got his “Get Out of Jail Free” card. Any truth to the rumor he was skipping and doing somersaults in the Eagles parking lot after getting his walking papers?
30. Arizona Cardinals (4-8); LW-29
If they don’t draft a QB in April, they’re insane.
29. Kansas City Chiefs (2-10); LW-32
Good to see them win on Sunday. Proves there is a God.
28. Carolina Panthers (3-9); LW-27
I’ve got nothing. Watch them beat Atlanta for some reason. That’s who they are.
27. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-10); LW-28
Not saying Chad Henne is a QB, but he can somehow get the ball to Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon.
26. New York Jets (5-7); LW-24
When Greg McElroy is better than your franchise QB, time to hit the “Problem Button.”
25. Cleveland Browns (4-8); LW-26
Winners of two straight and they have Kansas City on Sunday. Looks like three to me…
24. Tennessee Titans (4-8); LW-21
Jake Locker’s looking like a young quarterback again…
23. San Diego Chargers (4-8); LW-22
So they’re going to trade one crappy coach in Norv Turner for another one in Andy Reid? You should have hired Jeff Fisher when you had the chance….
22. Buffalo Bills (5-7); LW-25
The roller coaster continues…
21. St. Louis Rams (5-6-1); LW-23
Oddly enough…have the 49ers’ number this season.
20. Detroit Lions (4-8); LW-20
Their defense allowed Andrew Luck to get into the end zone before Donnie Avery did.
19. Miami Dolphins (5-7); LW-19
Can’t compete in the AFC East (1-3).
18. New Orleans Saints (5-7); LW-16
The fat lady’s warming up her vocal chords…
17. Dallas Cowboys (6-6); LW-18
Taking advantage of some other’s misfortunes, but getting healthy too.
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-6); LW-10
If there is any team in the league that I want in this thing, it’s Tampa Bay. They had me excited there for a couple weeks…
15. Minnesota Vikings (6-6); LW-15
Christian Ponder must have been distracted the last two weeks trying to set up Christmas lights for his marriage proposal to Samantha Steele…
14. Washington Redskins (6-6); LW-17
RGIII somehow is going to carry this team to the playoffs. Or fall just short.
13. Seattle Seahawks (7-5); LW-12
Good luck to anyone that has to play them at home.
12. Cincinnati Bengals (7-5); LW-14
That regular season finale against the Ravens is going to have some kind of impact.
11. New York Giants (7-5); LW-8
What happened to them? Or do they want to be that 9-7 team that fights its way into the playoffs?
10. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5); LW-13
Charlie Batch did his job. And Roethlisberger’s back…
9. Indianapolis Colts (8-4); LW-12
Well, that didn’t take long for Andrew Luck to have his moment…
8. Baltimore Ravens (9-3); LW-7
They’re leaving the door open for someone to ruin their season…
7. San Francisco 49ers (8-3-1); LW-4
And Alex Smith suddenly moves back into the picture after the loss to the Rams…
6. Chicago Bears (8-4); LW-5
A win over the Vikings gets them some confidence back. Missed a real opportunity to move ahead of the Packers.
5. Green Bay Packers (8-4); LW-9
They just don’t seem like an 8-4 team at times. Probably cause they’re not blowing teams out like they did a few years ago. And hey! Ryan Grant’s back to NOT run the football!
4. Denver Broncos (9-3); LW-6
Quietly going about their business…
3. New England Patriots (9-3); LW-3
Handled traveling to Miami well. Now they have the Texans.
2. Atlanta Falcons (11-1); LW-2
Killed their Achilles’ heal in New Orleans most likely.
1. Houston Texans (11-1); LW-1
Eventually will rest their starters, but have a tough test this weekend against New England.
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…