8. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley (Saturday 9pm from Las Vegas live on HBO PPV)
You know Timothy Bradley as “that guy no one was interested in seeing Manny Pacquiao fight.”
Aw hell, it’s a great excuse to go to Jimmy’s Famous Seafood in Dundalk. You know, the place where…well….
They show fights there. You don’t have to look.
So either Jimmie Johnson won Sunday’s race in Dover or now movie companies can just buy advertising in the winner’s circle and decide who they want to have stand there…
Truthfully I’m okay with either.
6. Pro Wrestling: TNA Slammiversary (Sunday 8pm from Arlington, TX live on Pay-Per-View)
In case you missed it, Strikeforce fighter Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal has signed on with both TNA and with Bellator Fighting Championships. I wish I could pretend this was big news, as I don’t really have much of anything else to say.
Ummm….Hulk Hogan recently Re-Tweeted a guy who said he went “balls deep” on Hogan’s daughter (Brooke Hogan). That was apparently news. Twitter is weird.
I’m tapped out here. Sorry TNA. There’s only so much I can do to make you seem interesting.
5. Soccer: CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying-Antigua & Barbuda @ Team USA (Friday 7pm from Tampa Bay live on ESPN); U.S. Open Cup-Philadelphia Freedom @ DC United (Tuesday 7:30pm Maryland SoccerPlex); EURO 2012: Poland vs. Greece (Friday 12pm from Warsaw live on ESPN), Russia vs. Czech Republic (Friday 2:45pm from Wroclaw live on ESPN), Netherlands vs. Denmark (Saturday 12pm from Kharkiv live on ESPN), Germany vs. Portugal (Saturday 2:45pm from Lviv live on ESPN), Spain vs. Italy (Sunday 12pm from Gdansk live on ESPN), Ireland vs. Croatia (Sunday 2:45pm from Poznan live on ESPN), France vs. England (Monday 12pm from Donetsk live on ESPN), Ukraine vs. Sweden (Monday 2:45pm from Kiev live on ESPN)
Is Antigua & Barbuda an actual place? It sounds like fake names of countries or some combination of names that are ALMOST the names of actual countries.
By the way, are there actually people who really DON’T like the new Team USA kits???
4. NBA Playoffs: Eastern Conference Finals-Boston Celtics vs. Miami Heat (Game 5 Tuesday 8:30pm from Miami live on ESPN, Game 6 Thursday 8:30pm from Boston live on ESPN, Game 7 if necessary Saturday 8:30pm from Miami live on ESPN); Western Conference Finals-Oklahoma City Thunder vs. San Antonio Spurs (Game 6 Wednesday 9pm from Oklahoma City live on TNT, Game 7 if necessary Friday 9pm from San Antonio live on TNT)
But wait…doesn’t there need to be a Game 8? I mean, Meghan Torjussen said…
3. Tennis: ATP Tour WTA Tour French Open/Roland Garros (Tuesday 8am live on Tennis Channel 1pm live on ESPN2 Wednesday & Thursday 8am live on ESPN2 Friday 7am live on Tennis Channel 11am live on NBC Saturday & Sunday 9am live on NBC. All tennis from Paris)
I wanted to use this space to sing the praises of Arantxa Rus, but she lost. Oh and then I found out Caroline Wozniacki started her own underwear line…
No Caroline. This is a gift from God.
2. NHL Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals-New Jersey Devils vs. Los Angeles Kings (Game 4 Wednesday 8pm from LA live on NBC Sports Network Game 5 if necessary Saturday 8pm from Newark live on NBC Game 6 if necessary Monday 8pm from LA live on NBC)
I wrote “if necessary” for Games 5, 6 and 7 because I had to. Not because I really think there’s any chance they might actually happen.
The Stanley Cup is headed to Southern California for a second time. This is the part where someone says “I wonder if anyone there will recognize it.”
Here it is at the Hollywood sign apparently…
Hey, what did Kent Desormeaux say about the Triple Crown?
“I’ll Have Another.”
Oh yeah, I hope the horse wins.
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…