WNST Sports Media has set forth to find the biggest Ravens fan of them all. You know the one we’re talking about? The one with the purple basement? Or the purple room? Or the one with an office, room or space that has purple pictures, memories, autographs, signed footballs, jerseys, etc. It might be a seasonal show of Festivus lights and a purple Christmas tree? Or just holiday lights and a train garden?
Or maybe it’s a 365-day shrine to the purple on a new wing of the house? It might even look like a local sports bar? Or, as the contest is appropriately titled, “A Purple Palace.”
Every one of us at WNST grew up collecting autographs, pictures, baseball cards – you name it! And we all have some trinkets lying around our house that have sentimental value in regard to sports. But for the first time, we’re trying to find the virtual All-Star team – or is it the Pro Bowl? — of Baltimore Ravens fans.
There are no specific qualifications for entry. We’ll know the perfect “Purple Palace” when we see it!
But we need you to help us find “the biggest and the best.”
As a reward for the winner, we’re offering a helluva grand prize:
• An all-expenses paid trip for two to Green Bay next year to see some purple football! Oh, and if you consider it a prize, a bunch of the WNST staff will come over to your purple palace during the football playoffs in January and bring some Miller Lite and some food and watch the game IN your viewing palace. We’ll even shoot some wnsTV so our fans at WNST can see what they’re missing in your purple palace and get a better tour. We’ll also throw in a signed Kelly Gregg jersey to add to your purple wall.
There are also $500 and $250 restaurant gift certificate grand prizes for second and third place.
All of the official contest rules are below.
But you can help us spread the word by inquiring with your friends, co-workers or fellow tailgaters as to whose “Purple Palace” is the best!
All of our entries are easily submitted via your computer.
There are two ways to enter:
1. VIDEO: Upload all videos to www.youtube.com in the traditional way and send us the linking address.
2. PHOTOS: Email no more than 5 photos to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. WORDS: You can write an optional 200-word or less essay on your place and what makes it special.
This is NOT an exercise in who can take the best pictures or shoot the coolest videos. We just need the evidence and stories to share with our audience.
All entries must be submitted by Sunday, Dec. 14.
The WNST staff (with help from the WNST.net readers) will pick the Top 3 “Purple Palace” finalists.
WNSTV will then go to the 3 finalist locations for a better look at them. We’ll shoot a 2-minute wnsTV video of your place and you and we’ll leave the voting to an “online” WNST voters format during Christmas Week.
Our winner will be announced on Monday, Dec. 29th.
Spread the word. Help us find the coolest basements, Christmas trees, autograph and memorabilia collections and the ultimate “Miller Lite Purple Palace.”
Good luck to you and anyone who loves the Ravens as much as we do!
We can’t wait to see what might be hiding in your basement! Or under your tree!
2008 “MILLER LITE PURPLE PALACE CONTEST”
All contest participants are bound to the following rules. Please read carefully before entering the contest.
1. You must be 21 years old to enter, a legal US resident and a permanent resident of the states of Maryland or Pennsylvania only.
2. Contestant’s name, likeness, voice, city and state of residence may be used for promotional purposes without additional permission or compensation.
3. Current or former employees of WNST, family members, clients, agents, successors, and assignees of WNST or any promotional agency involved with the 2008 “Miller Lite Purple Palace Contest” are ineligible to participate.
4. Entries are limited to one (1) per person. No person may enter more than one time and no person may enter for another person, or in another person’s name. Any person found violating any of the above provisions will be disqualified and all entries submitted by said person shall be ruled ineligible for prize awards
5. All 2008 “Miller Lite Purple Palace Contest” entries must be filled out completely. Any incomplete entries will be ruled ineligible for prize awards.
6. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited.
7. Entries will be accepted from Monday 11/17/08 – Sunday 12/14/08 via the internet only on WNST’s official contest entry form which will be posted on the WNST website – www.wnst.net.
8. Contestants may submit up to three (3) photographs or one (1) video via WNST’s official website – www.wnst.net. Photographs or videos deemed by WNST to be illegal or vulgar in nature will be removed from the contest and the participant will be disqualified.
9. WNST will choose three (3) finalist from the entries submitted, go to their homes and film one “Miller Lite Purple Palace” video per finalist between 12/15/08 – 12/17/08.
10. The three (3) finalist “Miller Lite Purple Palace” videos will be placed on WNST’s website, www.wnst.net from 12/18/08 – 12/28/08, where WNST listeners can vote on their favorite video amongst the three finalists’.
11. Prize winners will be announced on WNST am 1570 and wnst.net between 6 am – 6 p.m. on Monday, 12/29/08.
12. Prize winner’s names will be posted on the 2008 “Miller Lite Purple Palace Contest” webpage at www.wnst.net.
13. Substitution of prize or transfer of prizes to another person will be allowed. WNST, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
14. Prize winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state or local taxes.
15. Any disputes or appeals regarding the 2008 “Miller Lite Purple Palace Contest” rules will be decided solely by WNST using its interpretation of the rules. WNST will consider the intent and spirit of the rules; the integrity of the WNST contest; as well as the feasibility of accommodating any appeal. Any and all disputes or appeals must be submitted via email to Brad Howard, Vice President. Deadline for submitting a rules dispute or appeal is 11:59 p.m. EST on 12/31/08. Please include a detailed account of the dispute and resolution requested. All rulings made by WNST are final and binding.
16. By entering the contest, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Miller Brewing Company, WNST, their affiliated and subsidiary companies and other contest sponsors against any and all claims or inability arising directly or indirectly from contestant’s participation in the contest or acceptance or use of the prize. Upon request, winner will promptly complete and sign any documents effectuating this release.
17. Any participant who attempt to bribe, coerce, blackmail or otherwise influence an officer, agent, affiliate, vendor or surrogate of WNST in an effort to alter the standings will be prohibited from winning any prizes and will be eliminated from the contest. Any criminal behavior by a participant which attempts to corrupt or alter the fairness of the 2008 “Miller Lite Purple Palace Contest” will result in civil and/or criminal prosecution.
18. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage the 2008 “Miller Lite Purple Palace Contest” webpage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and in the event that an attempt is made, WNST reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent of the law.
19. WNST is not responsible for contestant’s inability to access the Internet due to ISP downtime, computer failure, equipment malfunction, disconnection’s, busy lines, misdirected e-mail, submission errors or other circumstances or incapability’s relative to web access or to contest application.
20. If the 2008 “Miller Lite Purple Palace Contest” is cancelled because of an act of terrorism or any unforeseen catastrophe, or an Act of God, or lack of participation, then WNST is not responsible for any loss or liability incurred by any participant due to cancellation of the 2008 “Miller Lite Purple Palace Contest”.
21. 2008 “Miller Lite Purple Palace Contest” is governed by the laws of the state of Maryland without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
22. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is found invalid or unenforceable pursuant to judicial decree or decision, the remainder of the Official Rules shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. The parties intend that the provision of these Official Rules be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Accordingly, the parties agree that if any provision are deemed not enforceable, they shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make them enforceable.
23. By entering the 2008 “Miller Lite Purple palace Contest” you agree that you have read and understand the contest rules.
1st place – One winner will receive a NFL playoff game (TBD) viewing party for up to12 people in their ‘Purple Palace” in January 2009. WNST staff members will attend and supply Miller Lite and tasty food for people 21+ years of age. The grand prize winner will also receive a trip for two (2) people (including airfare, game tickets, lodging plus transportation to and from the game) to the Baltimore vs. Green Bay football game in Wisconsin in 2009, and a Kelly Gregg autographed Ravens jersey.
2nd place – $500 in restaurant gift certificates
3rd place – $250 in restaurant gift certificates