During the 2014 season, Drew Forrester and Luke Jones of The D&L Window Tinting Morning Reaction will provide the “9-Game Scorecard” for the Orioles, evaluating the club in nine-game increments in a number of categories and looking ahead to how Baltimore will fare over the next nine games on the schedule.
(Editor’s note: Glenn Clark filled in for Forrester on Friday’s show.)
To hear the full explanation of the most recent “Orioles 9-Game Scorecard” during Friday’s show, click HERE.
1. Should the Orioles have been better or worse than their 6-3 mark?
2. Most Valuable Player/Least Valuable Player
Glenn: MVP – Steve Pearce; LVP – Miguel Gonzalez
Luke: MVP – Steve Pearce; LVP – Ryan Flaherty
3. Biggest surprise
Glenn: The Orioles winning three straight series for the first time all year
Luke: The Orioles winning games in which Masahiro Tanaka and Chris Sale started
4. Best thing about the nine-game stretch
Glenn: Chris Davis and Nelson Cruz providing late-inning heroics in the White Sox series
Luke: The Orioles bouncing back to win the Yankees series after the crushing loss in the opener
5. Nine games from now…
Glenn: The Orioles will begin looking for another catcher to add to the roster
Luke: Miguel Gonzalez will be on his way to the bullpen with Bud Norris returning from the disabled list
6. Record in the next nine games (four with Tampa Bay, four with Texas, one at Boston)
7. Stock rising/falling over the next nine games
Glenn: Rising – Chris Tillman; Falling – Caleb Joseph
Luke: Rising – J.J. Hardy; Falling – Steve Pearce
8. Grading Buck Showalter in games 69-77