15 positive observations from the weekend of football, seven not so positive observations and we acknowledge a “zero” from outside the world of football. A reminder, there’s never any Ravens game analysis here. We do plenty of that elsewhere. It’s a trip through the weekend of football via videos, GIFs, memes, pictures, links, Tweets and shtick.
Unlike Richie Incognito, the 15-7-0 actually turned down Jay Glazer’s request for a Sunday morning interview. Also unlike Richie Incognito, the 15-7-0 only uses the term “expletive” once or twice per sentence. Personal rule. Except when I’m at church. Obviously.
15 Positive Observations…
1. Someone tell Rod Marinelli to get the champagne ready-there’s just one more domino to fall to keep the streak alive!
The Jaguars won a football game. Sure it was against Ryan Fitzpatrick, but it still counts!
Delanie Walker with the response of the day.
Via Terry McCormick of Titans Insider:
“It’s disgusting. I’m disappointed. I’m embarrassed. A team that’s 0-8 comes in here and beats us? Beats us on our home field, that’s 0-8, the Jaguars? Come on. Talking about first place? Talking about first place? We just got whooped by the Jaguars. We ain’t talking first place no more. It’s out the window. We’ve got to come back and play the Colts. I don’t know how everybody’s gonna handle it. I mean, we lost to the Jaguars.”
2. Keenan Reynolds ran many yards beyond the line of scrimmage Saturday. As a Baltimore Ravens fan, I was admittedly unaware this was allowed within the rules of football.
Navy beat Hawai’i. You know what that means.
Also, the most adorable picture you’ll see all weekend.
3. While I’ve always been in favor of college football going to the “division four” concept, I’m pretty sure it will be tough for Alabama to sell tickets when they’re the only team playing in it.
But honestly, Nick Saban has one like half a billion football games. THIS was the one that made him want to jump into his quarterback’s arms?
Tigers really opened up the playbook to try to top the Tide…
I can’t explain why-but this right here seems like the absolute perfect reaction to this game.
OH SNAP, VERNE LUNDQUIST!
And elsewhere in the SEC, you guys remember the Manziel guy that one the Heisman Trophy that one time? The guy who plays at Texas A&M reminds me of him.
And finally elsewhere in the SEC (at least for now), Dorial Green-Beckham did what now?
4. So apparently the deal is that you actually CAN survive losing your head coach…but only if you have one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time on your roster.
Of course, Peyton Manning’s ankle was banged up during the course of the game-which apparently means some ref somewhere didn’t get the memo.
This lady is currently thinking to herself “there are like five people that come to games out here and I have to sit behind this one?”
5. This Riley Cooper guy is a nice little player. Any back story on this guy? He’s just kinda popped up out of nowhere these last couple of weeks. I bet he’s a really great dude.
This DeSean Jackson TD is obviously the responsibility of Aaron Rodgers not being in the game.
Elsewhere, LeSean McCoy is KILLING IT.
Clay Matthews played with a thing on his hand that is so ridiculous it would probably be disallowed even in the WWE.
Vinny Curry is lovable.
Also, Philly’s play call sheets are cooler than yours.
(Continued on Page 2…)