Honorable Mention: Golf-PGA Tour Zurich Classic of New Orleans (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel, Saturday & Sunday 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Avondale, LA), LPGA Tour Avnet LPGA Classic (Thursday & Friday 12:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 4pm. All golf from Mobile, AL live on Golf Channel); Soccer: U.S. Open Cup-New England Revolution @ DC United (Tuesday 7:30pm RFK Stadium), MLS-DC United @ Houston Dynamo (Friday 8:30pm from Houston live on Fox Soccer Channel)
10. Rise Against/Bad Religion (Wednesday 6pm Rams Head Live, Tuesday 6:30pm 9:30 Club), Guster (Friday 7pm Rams Head Live), Jackie Greene (Sunday 6:30pm Rams Head Live, Wednesday 7:30pm Birchmere); Stone Temple Pilots (Tuesday 6:30pm Pier Six Pavilion), Wiz Khalifa (Thursday 6:30pm Pier Six Pavilion); Alkaline Trio (Sunday 6:30pm Recher Theatre); Saliva (Friday 7pm Bourbon Street); Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (Wednesday 8pm Ottobar); Rockapella (Sunday 8pm Rams Head On Stage); 30 Seconds to Mars (Wednesday 7pm Patriot Center); Dan Band (Friday 7pm 9:30 Club); Peter Bjorn and John (Saturday 7pm 9:30 Club); Brand New (Tuesday 6:30pm Sonar); Neil Young (Wednesday & Thursday 8pm Hippodrome); UMBC Quadmania feat. Snoop Dogg (Friday 8pm RAC Arena); Sweetlife Festival feat. The Strokes, Girl Talk, Ra Ra Riot, Lupe Fiasco, Cold War Kids (Sunday 12pm Merriweather Post Pavilion); Tony Rock (Thursday-Sunday DC Improv); Brian Regan (Sunday 7pm Meyerhoff Symphony Hall); David Crosby & Graham Nash (Monday 8pm Strathmore); Bill Bellamy (Thursday-Saturday Baltimore Comedy Factory); “A Toast to William Donald Schaefer” (Tuesday 5pm Phillips Harborplace)
So you mean to tell me both Pier Six AND Merriweather are opening this week? TREMENDOUS news! Perhaps there WILL be a Summer this year after all!
And STP is opening Pier Six? I think I’ll stop by after the Schaefer toast!
Wiz Khalifa is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. If you enjoy “Black & Yellow” you’re a bad person. If you enjoy other Wiz Khalifa tunes…well…this could go either way.
Funny story about The Strokes. Their drummer was dating Drew Barrymore when they played HFStival back in 2006. I was wandering around backstage and nearly tackled her because she was roughly 3 feet tall.
Wait…did I say “funny”? I meant “here’s something I can say about the Strokes before posting their video. It’s non-sensical.”
When I went to UMBC, Busta Rhymes played Quadmania. This year they’ve got Snoop Dogg. Meanwhile…Towson got Reel Big Fish and Far East Movement for their concert. Advantage…once again…UMBC.
Neil Young’s coming to town. We all have one uncle who is FREAKING OUT in anticipation…
Another sign that Summer could actually happen this year? Two AMAZING events that happen to fall on the same weekend that I have to spend sitting behind a desk in Owings Mills! (Hey…at least I get Sunday.)
If you’re not familiar, Towson looks lovely as Spring finally turns to Summer. You know what I mean, right? “Lovely”?
Really? I have to spell this out for you?
Yeah…it still doesn’t do it justice.
8. NBA Playoffs: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals-Indiana Pacers vs. Chicago Bulls (Game 5 Tuesday 8pm from Chicago live on TNT, Game 6 if necessary Thursday from Indianapolis TBD, Game 7 if necessary Saturday TBD from Chicago live on TNT), Atlanta Hawks vs. Orlando Magic (Game 5 Tuesday 7:30pm from Orlando live on NBATV, Game 6 if necessary Thursday TBD from Atlanta, Game 7 if necessary Saturday TBD from Orlando live on TNT), Philadelphia 76ers vs. Miami Heat (Game 5 Wednesday 7pm from Miami live on TNT, Game 6 if necessary Friday TBD from Philly, Game 7 if necessary Sunday TBD from Miami); Western Conference Quarterfinals-New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Lakers (Game 5 Tuesday 10:30pm from LA live on TNT, Game 6 Thursday TBD from New Orleans live on TNT, Game 7 if necessary Saturday TBD from LA live on TNT), Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs (Game 5 Wednesday TBD from San Antonio, Game 6 if necessary Friday TBD from Memphis, Game 7 if necessary Sunday TBD from San Antonio), Denver Nuggets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (Game 5 Wednesday TBD from Oklahoma City, Game 6 if necessary Friday TBD from Denver, Game 7 if necessary Sunday TBD from Oklahoma City), Dallas Mavericks vs. Portland Trailblazers (Game 6 Thursday TBD from Portland, Game 7 if necessary Saturday TBD from Dallas live on TNT)
What I like? The Washington Wizards never sniffed the playoffs. What I like more? Steve Blake is over his bout with the chicken pox. What I like even more than that? JUEVOS!!!
This week’s NASCAR race is called the “Matthew and Daniel Hansen 400.”
Rex Snider…please defend this somehow.
I’m sorry I can’t make the trip to Richmond by the way…I would have looked forward to doing what other NASCAR fans do…
6. NHL Playoffs: Washington Capitals vs. TBA (2nd round playoffs Friday-Monday from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet/VERSUS/NBC)
Everyone keeps asking…who would you want to see the Caps play in the next round?
I keep responding…”Are the 1980’s Edmonton Oilers an option?”
5. Pro Wrestling: WWE Extreme Rules (Sunday 8pm from Tampa Bay live on Pay-Per-View)
They’re calling this event “Extreme Rules.” They might as well call it “we used to do awesome things…now we just do a lot of John Cena.”
This event used to be called “ECW One Night Stand.” It used to be really good…
I have an AWFUL feeling that Saturday night’s game could be Tony Seaman’s last as Tigers head coach. If it is…the whole Towson community owes Coach a MAJOR debt of gratitude.
As far as JHU-Loyola goes, I get the feeling there will be more than one “Lax bro” in attendance…
Torrey Smith might be gone, but there will be a receiver on the field for the Terps Saturday that might be even more familiar to you…
I don’t think I need to explain again to you how much I think you should attend Shogun Fights Saturday night. John Rallo does a HELL of a job putting the event on. It’s outstanding. There will be a number of Ravens in attendance…DT’s Kelly Gregg and Arthur Jones have even worked out with Rallo at Ground Control.
(You can hear Gregg, Rallo and Thyrl Nelson talk about that on last week’s episode of “The MMA Report” on AM1570 WNST in the BuyAToyota.com Audio Vault at WNST.net!)
Speaking of Ravens, did you miss Tom Zbikowski’s knockout of Blake Werner Saturday night? Here it is…
Tom was introduced as an “All-Pro.” He now has the responsibility to live up to that this season.
1. NFL Draft (Thursday 8pm Friday 6pm Saturday 12pm from New York live on NFL Network & ESPN)
Jimmy Smith? Jon Baldwin? Mike Pouncey? Derrek Sherrod? Cameron Heyward? Muhammad Wilkerson? Torrey Smith? Nate Solder? JJ Watt?
There are going to be a bunch of new players headed to Charm City this weekend, but I feel like the only way I could be satisfied is if I heard one particular name called Thursday night…Masha Novoselova. (Thanks Guyism!)
I definitely feel like I could root for her.
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…