Following every Baltimore Ravens game this season, Ryan Chell and I will take to the airwaves Tuesdays on “The Reality Check” on AM1570 WNST.net with a segment known as “The Five Plays That Determined The Game.”
It’s a simple concept. We’ll select five plays from each game that determined the outcome. These five plays will best represent why the Ravens won or lost each game.
This will be our final analysis of the previous game before switching gears towards the next game on the schedule.
Here are the five plays that determined the Ravens’ 23-20 (OT) loss to the Chicago Bears Sunday at Soldier Field…
(Note: not all pictures are always of actual play)
Glenn Clark’s Plays…
5. Joe Flacco pass intended for Tandon Doss on 3rd & 5 incomplete (Overtime)
In Chicago territory, a tough catch but one that has to be made.
4. Martellus Bennett 44 yard catch from Josh McCown to Ravens’ 22 (Overtime)
This was the “ender”.
3. Alshon Jeffery 14 yard catch from Josh McCown on 3rd & 9 (Overtime)
The Ravens’ 3rd down defense was pretty good during the game. But not here.
2. Joe Flacco pass intended for Torrey Smith on 3rd and goal incomplete after Gino Gradkowski fumble (4th quarter)
Bad plus bad usually equals bad. Ravens had a great chance to win.
1. David Bass 24 yard return TD of Joe Flacco interception intended for Vonta Leach (2nd quarter)
The obvious turning point of the entire game.
(Continued on Page 2…)