Following every Baltimore Ravens game this season, Ryan Chell and I will take to the airwaves Tuesdays on “The Reality Check” on AM1570 WNST.net with a segment known as “The Five Plays That Determined The Game.”
It’s a simple concept. We’ll select five plays from each game that determined the outcome. These five plays will best represent why the Ravens won or lost each game.
This will be our final analysis of the previous game before switching gears towards the next game on the schedule.
Here are the five plays that determined the Ravens’ 24-18 loss to the Cleveland Browns Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium…
(Note: not all pictures are always of actual play)
Glenn Clark’s Plays…
5. Jason Campbell 12 yard run on 3rd & 3 (4th quarter)
The first good opportunity the Ravens had to end the Browns’ final drive.
4. Jabaal Sheard sacks Joe Flacco for 1 yard loss on 3rd & 3 at Baltimore 47 (4th quarter)
This was even worse considering the Ravens had already converted a 4th down on the drive.
3. Davone Bess 1 yard TD catch from Jason Campbell on 4th and goal (1st quarter)
A remarkable catch and a play that set the tone for the game.
2. Davone Bess 3 yard catch from Jason Campbell on 4th and 1 (4th quarter)
The Ravens would have ended up with the ball, plenty of time and great field position.
1. Eric Martin recovers Spencer Lanning punt muffed by Tandon Doss at Ravens 11 (3rd quarter)
Clearly the single biggest turn of the game.
(Continued on Page 2…)