15 positive observations from the weekend of football, seven not so positive observations and we acknowledge a “zero” from outside the world of football. A reminder, there’s never any Ravens game analysis here. We do plenty of that elsewhere. It’s a trip through the weekend of football via videos, GIFs, memes, pictures, links, Tweets and shtick.
I heard that before settling on “Daniel”, Mr. and Mrs. Flacco were seriously considering “Fifteensevenoh” as their son’s name. I’m sorta surprised they didn’t stick with it.
15 Positive Observations…
1. Someone is going to end up beating the Denver Broncos, but right now it’s really hard to imagine someone beating the Denver Broncos.
My favorite Peyton Manning audible is the one where he finishes his bowl of soup.
Apparently Trindon Holliday thought he was playing the Ravens.
The Brothers Manning seemed a bit awkward postgame.
Which is weird because earlier they were…making out?
This was Phil Simms doing…Christ, I don’t know…during the game broadcast on CBS.
2. I should be excited about Maryland being 3-0 for the first time since 2001, but I’m actually a bit depressed that Maryland went 12 years without starting a season 3-0.
Things went really well for Randy Edsall in his return to Connecticut. Enjoy these highlights of the Terps’ win before we get to the crappy part.
The crappy part is that Dexter McDougle becomes the second Maryland CB to go down, and we know McDougle will miss the rest of the season. I’ll just assume Shawn Petty starts playing corner next week.
Again, we follow bad stuff with good stuff; so here’s the plane the Terrapins flew to Hartford on. It’s the most amazing thing you’ll ever see ever.
Elsewhere in the ACC, Virginia Tech is going to wear this next week because they know they’re awful this year anyway.
3. Johnny Football is good at football. Alabama football is better at football.
Oh my Bear Bryant. Manziel threw a 95 yard TD…
And then Oh my Saban this is how he celebrated.
Unfortunately for Manziel, he also threw a TD to Vinnie Sunseri-who plays for Alabama. His attempt at a tackle left a bit to be desired.
I know Manziel is an “effort” guy, but I’m not sure he needed to truck his own security.
Look, I know Alabama won the game. But they’re just really GOOD. Johnny Manziel is really INTERESTING.
Okay, TJ Yeldon was interesting too.
4. The Miami Dolphins would like to remind you of why it is that everyone was saying the Miami Dolphins were a sleeper to make the playoffs in the AFC.
But TY Hilton REALLY looks good.
5. The Kansas City Chiefs would like to echo those sentiments…you know, except about them.
Unfortunately for Sam Koch, the road to the Pro Bowl just keeps getting tougher.
Dez Bryant did awesome things.
It is probably worth pointing out that this guy attended the game.
(Continued on Page 2…)