Posted on 21 April 2014 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Golf-PGA Tour Zurich Classic of New Orleans (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel Saturday & Sunday 1pm live on Golf Channel 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Avondale, LA), LPGA Tour Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic (Thursday-Saturday 6:30pm Sunday 7pm from San Francisco live on Golf Channel); MLS: FC Dallas @ DC United (Saturday 7pm RFK Stadium); Auto Racing: NASCAR Toyota Owners 400 (Saturday 7pm from Richmond live on FOX); Boxing: Keith Thurman vs. Julio Diaz (Saturday 9:30pm from Carson, CA live on Showtime); High School Basketball: Capital Classic (Saturday 7:30pm T.C. Williams High School)
10. Brian Regan (Friday & Saturday Warner Theatre); Ron White (Friday 7:30pm Meyerhoff Symphony Hall); Joe Rogan (Friday 8pm France-Merrick Performing Arts Center at The Hippodrome); Bill Bellamy (Thursday-Sunday DC Improv); Baltimore Green Week (Tuesday-Saturday throughout Charm City); The Gathering Food Trucks Rally (Friday Downtown Towson); Maryland Bacon Festival (Saturday 12pm Rash Field); “Brick Mansions” out in theaters (Friday)
This is a heart made out of bacon. This is wonderful.
These young ladies are wearing bacon. Did I mention bacon?
9. M3 Rock Festival feat. Tesla, Kix, Extreme, Sebastian Bach (Friday & Saturday Merriweather Post Pavilion); Ludacris (Friday 8pm Patriot Center); Lacuna Coil (Wednesday 7:30pm Rams Head Live), Ani DiFranco (Saturday 9pm Rams Head Live); Musiq Soulchild (Tuesday 8pm Baltimore Soundstage), Kindred the Family Soul (Friday 8pm Baltimore Soundstage); Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds (Thursday 8pm 8×10 Club); Edwin McCain (Wednesday 8pm Rams Head on Stage), Maceo Parker (Sunday 8:30pm Rams Head on Stage), Bret Michaels (Monday 8pm Rams Head on Stage); The Used/Taking Back Sunday (Tuesday 7pm Fillmore Silver Spring); Alabama Shakes (Friday & Saturday 8pm 9:30 Club), Better Than Ezra (Sunday 7pm 9:30 Club), Band of Skulls (Monday 7pm 9:30 Club); Nappy Roots (Sunday 8pm Howard Theatre); Johnnyswim (Wednesday 7:30pm Birchmere); Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival feat. Jerry Douglas/Cris Jacobs (Saturday Druid Hill Park); Toadies (Sunday 8pm Black Cat); Ben Folds (Monday 8pm Lisner Auditorium); G. Love & Special Sauce “Sugar”, Keb Mo’ “Bluesamericana” and Neon Trees “Pop Psychology” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
From the last time Sister Sparrow was in town…and killing it.
I like to imagine I’m living my life within an Alabama Shakes tune. Because they’re excellent.
Nappy Roots are still around??!??!?!? Do you have any idea how many times I hit repeat on a Nappy Roots track in my life?
I think Allen McCallum and I may be headed to the Birchmere to see Johnnyswim. Because Johnnyswim is wonderful.
(Continued on Page 2…)
Posted on 13 February 2014 by WNST Staff
Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion and “The Ultimate Fighter” winner “Sugar” Rashad Evans is out of his scheduled fight against former Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix champion Daniel Cormier with a leg injury.
The fight was scheduled for next Saturday’s UFC 170 Pay-Per-View event and slated to be Cormier’s first as a light heavyweight.
Cormier’s reported preference was to fight next Saturday, with some pundits suggesting popular fighter/TV personality Chael Sonnen could take Evans’ place on the card. Sonnen however is already scheduled to face Wanderlai Silva in May in Brazil.
Respected Canadian Mixed Martial Arts journalist “Showdown” Joe Ferraro (SportsNet) had reported that the fight would be moved to Baltimore, but that won’t end up being the case.
Cormier will instead end up fighting UFC newcomer Patrick Cummins at UFC 170 next weekend, as announced by the promotion Thursday. A UFC source had previously told WNST.net there was “nothing to” the rumors Evans/Cormier would move to 172.
There has been nothing announced regarding Evans’ next fight, but it appears unlikely it would happen in Baltimore as UFC President Dana White said Thursday the former champ would “need surgery” for his injury.
The UFC 172 card slated for April 26th at the Baltimore Arena remains a loaded card. Light Heavyweight champ Jon “Bones” Jones headlines in a title defense against undefeated Glover Teixeira, while well known fighters like Phil Davis, Anthony Johnson, Jake Ellenberger, Luke Rockhold, Tim Boetsch and more are all scheduled to fight on the first ever UFC card in Charm City.
Tickets are still available for UFC 172 but are expected to sell out in the coming days. The UFC source also told WNST.net the promotion was pleased with how “great” sales have been thus far.
Posted on 22 October 2013 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Soccer-New Zealand @ Team USA Women (Sunday 6:30pm from San Francisco live on ussoccer.com), MLS: Houston Dynamo @ DC United (Sunday 1:30pm from RFK Stadium live on NBC); Golf: PGA Tour CIMB Classic (Wednesday-Saturday 11pm from Kuala Lampur, Malaysia live on Golf Channel), Champions Tour AT&T Championship (Friday-Sunday 3:30pm from San Antonio live on Golf Channel), Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Championship (Thursday-Sunday 12pm from Yang Mei, Taiwan on Golf Channel); Boxing: Bernard Hopkins vs. Karo Murat (Saturday 9pm from Atlantic City live on Showtime)
10. Pearl Jam (Sunday 7:30pm Baltimore Arena); Steve Aoki/Pharrell Williams (Friday 4pm Merriweather Post Pavilion); The Maine/Anberlin (Friday 7:30pm Rams Head Live); Ballyhoo! (Friday 9pm Baltimore Soundstage), Butch Walker (Monday 8pm Baltimore Soundstage); War (Thursday 8pm Rams Head Center Stage); Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (Friday 8pm Fillmore Silver Spring); George Clinton & The P Funk All-Stars (Sunday 8pm Howard Theatre); John Legend (Wednesday 8pm D.A.R. Constitution Hall); Fiona Apple (Friday & Saturday 7pm Lincoln Theatre); The Blind Boys of Alabama (Thursday 7:30pm The Hamilton); Brett Dennen “Smoke & Mirrors” and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy “It Feels Like Christmas Time” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
Not to say the other things happening this week aren’t nice, but…Pearl Jam is playing in Charm City Sunday night. Here are four PJ songs to get you hyped. The first two come from our “Totally Tubular” official scorekeeper on “The Reality Check”, Bryan Powell.
The next two are from a guy who will only be seeing Pearl Jam for the fourth time in his life Sunday night. Me.
9. Baltimore Beer Week (Tuesday-Sunday events throughout Charm City); Halloween Lantern Parade and Festival (Saturday 3:30pm Creative Alliance); Anthony Jeselnik (Saturday 8pm Modell Performing Arts Center at The Lyric); Jim Gaffigan (Thursday 8pm Cole Field House); Cheech & Chong (Thursday 7pm Lincoln Theatre); Janeane Garofalo (Saturday 8:30pm The Hamilton); Jeff Ross (Sunday 7:30pm Sixth & I Historic Synagogue); Tony Rock (Thursday-Saturday Magooby’s Joke House); “The Conjuring“, “The Way, Way Back” and “The Internship” available on Blu-Ray/DVD (Tuesday); “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” and “The Counselor” out in theaters (Friday)
I’m all in on Beer Week, but if no one brings me any of this (by far and away my favorite Pumpkin Beer), I’ll cancel Beer Week myself.
Oh hey look, here’s a random scene I found from the movie “The Counselor”. TOTALLY AT RANDOM!
(Continued on Page 2…)
Posted on 01 July 2013 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Golf-PGA Tour Greenbrier Classic (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel Saturday & Sunday 1pm live on Golf Channel 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Sulphur Springs, WV); WNBA: Seattle Storm @ Washington Mystics (Saturday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Monumental Network); Boxing: Friday Night Fights-Allan Green vs. Eleider Alvarez (Friday 9pm from Hartford live on ESPN2)
10. Daughtry/3 Doors Down/Halestorm (Saturday 7pm Pier Six Pavilion); Doobie Brothers (Saturday 8pm Wolf Trap); Gregg Allman (Wednesday 8pm Rams Head on Stage); The Maine (Saturday 7pm 9:30 Club); Wild Feathers (Thursday 7:30pm West Mount Vernon Park); The Verve Pipe (Thursday 3:30pm Long Bridge Park); The Polyphonic Spree (Saturday 8pm Sixth & I Historic Synagogue); African American Festival feat. Patti LaBelle (Saturday & Sunday M&T Bank Stadium); Jay-Z “Magna Carta Holy Grail” available in stores/on iTunes (Sunday)
I’m more than a bit embarrassed by how much I enjoy Chris Daughtry…
The Doobie Brothers made the most important music video of all time that wasn’t “Virtual Insanity” by Jamiroquai…
Go see Wild Feathers. Now.
I dare you to watch this whole Verve Pipe video and not cry.
9. Michael Winslow (Wednesday 7:30pm & 9:45pm Baltimore Comedy Factory); Tom Papa (Friday-Sunday DC Improv); “Despicable Me 2“, “The Lone Ranger“ (Wednesday) and “The Way, Way Back“ (Friday) out in theaters; Ports America Chesapeake 4th of July Celebration (Thursday 9:30pm Inner Harbor), Annapolis 4th of July Parade (Thursday 6:30pm Downtown Annapolis), Kingsville Independence Day Parade (Thursday 10am “Downtown” Kingsville)
There is no more American way to celebrate the 4th of July than to watch “The Sandlot”…
(Continued on Page 2…)
Posted on 23 April 2013 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Boxing-Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray (Saturday 8:30pm from Buenos Aires live on HBO), Zab Judah vs. Danny Garcia (Saturday 9pm from Brooklyn, NY live on Showtime); MLS: DC United @ Columbus Crew (Saturday 7:30pm from Columbus, OH live on MLS Direct Kick); Golf: PGA Tour Zurich Classic of New Orleans (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel Saturday & Sunday 1pm live on Golf Channel 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Avondale, LA), Champions Tour Liberty Mutual Insurance Legends of Golf (Friday 12:30pm Saturday & Sunday 1pm. All golf from Savannah, GA), North Texas LPGA Shootout (Thursday 12:30pm Friday 6:30pm Saturday & Sunday 3pm from Irving, TX live on Golf Channel)
10. Rihanna (Wednesday 7:30pm 1st Mariner Arena Monday 7:30pm Verizon Center); Kendrick Lamar (Tuesday 8pm Patriot Center); Dru Hill (Friday 9pm Rams Head Live); Badfish, A Tribute to Sublime (Friday 8pm Baltimore Soundstage), Fabolous/Pusha T (Sunday 8pm Baltimore Soundstage); ALO (Tuesday 7pm 8×10 Club); The Joy Formidable (Tuesday 8pm Ottobar); Chris Cagle (Saturday 9pm Rams Head Center Stage); Sara Bareilles (Thursday 6:30pm 9:30 Club); Aimee Mann (Thursday 7:30pm Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts); Gladys Knight (Thursday & Friday 8pm Strathmore); All Time Low/Pierce The Veil (Sunday 5:30pm Towson Center); Phoenix “Bankrupt” and Frank Turner “Tape Deck Heart” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
Dru Hill was nearly as significant a part of my childhood as chocolate milk. Perhaps more significant. Baltimore institutions.
I had a college girlfriend that thought the song “Chicks Dig It” was about the greatest song of all time. She was…like…REALLY hot…so I might well have told her I agreed.
Our friends from All Time Low have been tremendous to us. Be tremendous to them and go see them this weekend. They love Baltimore sports as much as you do.
Frank Turner does folk punk. It’s truly phenomenal.
9. Sarah Silverman (Thursday 8pm Warner Theatre), Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth (Friday & Saturday 8pm Warner Theatre); Jerry Seinfeld (Saturday 7pm & 9:30pm Meyerhoff Symphony Hall); David Alan Grier (Thursday-Saturday Baltimore Comedy Factory); Michael McDonald (Friday-Sunday DC Improv); “Big Wedding” and “Pain & Gain” out in theaters (Friday); “Jurassic Park 3D” and “Gangster Squad” available on Blu-Ray/DVD (Tuesday)
There’s absolutely no reason to not be completely in support of the Mike Tyson show…
You know whose one man show should be coming next?
(Continued on Page 2…)
Posted on 18 June 2012 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Boxing-Victor Ortiz vs. Joselito Lopez (Saturday 9pm from Los Angeles live on Showtime); WNBA: Washington Mystics @ Phoenix Mercury (Wednesday 10pm from Phoenix live on WNBA.com), Washington Mystics @ Seattle Storm (Sunday 7pm from Seattle live on WNBA.com); Pro Lacrosse: MLL Boston Cannons @ Chesapeake Bayhawks (Saturday 7pm from Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium live on Comcast SportsNet); U.S. Olympic Trials: Diving (Wednesday 12am & 10pm Thursday 10pm Friday 11pm live on NBC Sports Network, Saturday 4pm Sunday 3pm live on NBC. All diving from Federal Way, WA); Track & Field (Friday 9pm live on NBC Sports Network Saturday 8pm Sunday 7pm live on NBC Monday 9pm live on NBC Sports Network. All track from Eugene, OR); Swimming (Monday 6:30pm live on NBC Sports Network 8pm live on NBC. All swimming from Omaha)
10. Earth, Wind & Fire (Thursday 6pm Pier Six Pavilion), Childish Gambino (Saturday 6:30pm Pier Six Pavilion); Rascal Flatts/Little Big Town (Saturday 7pm Jiffy Lube Live); Counting Crows (Wednesday 7pm Wolf Trap), Diana Krall (Tuesday 7:30pm Meyerhoff Symphony Hall Thursday 8pm Wolf Trap); Jill Scott (Thursday 7pm Verizon Center); LMFAO (Monday 7pm Patriot Center); Mr. Greengenes (Friday 8pm Power Plant Live); Tech N9ne/Machine Gun Kelly (Tuesday 8pm Baltimore Soundstage), Ice Cube/Wale/DJ Khaled (Wednesday 8pm Baltimore Soundstage); Deanna Bogart Band (Saturday 8:30pm Rams Head on Stage); The Hives (Tuesday 7pm 9:30 Club), Modest Mouse (Wednesday & Thursday 7pm 9:30 Club); Fiona Apple (Wednesday 8pm Modell Performing Arts Center at The Lyric); Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers (Friday & Saturday 8pm Jammin’ Java); Del Ray Music Festival feat. Pat McGee (Mt. Vernon Recreation Center Fields Alexandria); Ringo Starr (Sunday 7pm Meyerhoff Symphony Hall); Safeway National Capital Barbecue Battle feat. Soul Asylum/Cowboy Mouth (Saturday & Sunday Pennsylvania Avenue DC); Smashing Pumpkins “Oceania” and Kenny Chesney “Welcome to the Fishbowl” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
I like Donald Glover on “Community” (Six seasons and a movie!) and all, but I was always skeptical about him as a performer. But honestly, not bad (lyrics NSFW)…
Quick. Favorite Counting Crows song ever. I’ll go with this…
Wale and Kevin Durant have something in common. I like them both a LOT but would like them a hell of a lot more if they weren’t Redskins fans…
Fiona Apple is coming to town. Anyone remember their awkward feelings about seeing her in her underwear in the “Criminal” video? I can’t tell you how confused I was about myself watching it the first time…
9. Aziz Ansari (Friday 7:30pm Meyerhoff Symphony Hall); Paul Mooney (Thursday-Sunday Baltimore Comedy Factory); Jim Gaffigan (Thursday DC Improv); “Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter”, “Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World” & “Brave” out in theaters (Friday)
If you don’t think Aziz Ansari is funny I don’t think this conversation is going anywhere and we might want to consider talking to other people…
Also, I think I AM planning on a midnight screening for ALVH Thursday night. I’m hoping to come dressed like this…
If you don’t go see this movie you’re a terrible American.
Posted on 05 June 2012 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Golf-PGA Tour FedEx St. Jude Classic (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel Saturday & Sunday 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Memphis), Champions Tour Regions Tradition (Thursday & Friday 6:30pm Saturday & Sunday 7:30pm from Shoal Creek, AL on Golf Channel), Wegmans LPGA Championship (Thursday & Friday 12pm Saturday & Sunday 2pm from Pittsford, NY live on Golf Channel); WNBA: New York Liberty @ Washington Mystics (Friday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet); Mixed Martial Arts: UFC on FX 3-Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall (Friday 9pm from Sunrise, FL live on FX); Pro Lacrosse: MLL Charlotte Hounds @ Chesapeake Bayhawks (Saturday 7pm from Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium live on Comcast SportsNet/ESPN3.com)
10. Gavin DeGraw & Colbie Caillat (Sunday 6pm Pier Six Pavilion); Foster The People (Sunday 5:30pm Merriweather Post Pavilion); Carbon Leaf/Civil Twilight (Saturday 7pm Rams Head Live); Hawthorne Heights (Sunday 5pm Recher Theatre); Victor Wooten (Tuesday 8pm Rams Head on Stage), Edwin McCain (Thursday 8pm Rams Head on Stage), Little River Band (Sunday 1pm Rams Head on Stage), Marshall Tucker Band (Sunday 8pm Rams Head on Stage), Bootsy Collins (Monday 8pm Rams Head on Stage); Jimmy Cliff (Thursday 7pm 9:30 Club); The Wailers (Tuesday 8pm Howard Theatre); Beach Boys “That’s Why God Made The Radio” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
There was a time in my life when I genuinely enjoyed the tunes of Gavin DeGraw. Maybe that’s not something I should be broadcasting…
Since Foster The People are coming to town and the Beach Boys are putting out a new record, here’s FTP’s EXCELLENT take on the greatest Beach Boys tune of all time…
Any excuse to share a Carbon Leaf tune is a good one…
I wish I could go to RHL Saturday night. Civil Twilight is excellent too…
9. “Prometheus” opens in theaters (Friday); “Safe House“, “John Carter” and “Act of Valor” available on Blu-Ray/DVD (Tuesday); Greg Proops (Thursday-Sunday DC Improv); Doug Benson (Saturday Baltimore Comedy Factory); Honfest (Saturday & Sunday Hampden); Maryland Wine Week begins (Friday)
You know Prometheus as THAT MOVIE EVERYONE IN THE WORLD WANTS TO SEE. Well, at least until “Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter” comes out, at which point they might as well just stop making movies.
Honestly, there is no single greater gift you could ever purchase me than this movie poster…
Posted on 28 May 2012 by WNST Staff
Honorable Mention: Boxing-Antonio Tarver vs. Lateef Kayode (Saturday 9pm from Carson, CA live on Showtime), Gabriel Rosado vs. Joel Julio (Friday 9pm from Bethlehem, PA live on NBC Sports Network); WNBA: Minnesota Lynx @ Washington Mystics (Wednesday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet); Pro Lacrosse: MLL Chesapeake Bayhawks @ Denver Outlaws (Saturday 9pm from Denver live on ESPN3.com)
10. Zac Brown Band (Thursday 5:30pm Merriweather Post Pavilion); Capital Jazz Fest feat. Indie.Arie, Bill Cosby (Friday-Sunday Merriweather Post Pavilion); Radiohead (Sunday 7:30pm Verizon Center); Miranda Lambert/Jerrod Niemann (Sunday 4pm Jiffy Lube Live); City and Colour (Wednesday 7pm Rams Head Live); Smile Empty Soul (Saturday 5pm Recher Theatre); Crossfade (Monday 7pm Baltimore Soundstage); Dandy Warhols (Tuesday 7pm 9:30 Club); The Used (Wednesday 7:30pm Fillmore Silver Spring); Victor Wooten (Thursday 8pm Howard Theatre); Dr. John (Friday 7:30pm Birchmere); Rhett Miller (Monday 8pm Jammin Java)
I’d watch ZBB do just about anything, but this was as good as anything I’ve seen them do…
My favorite tune from Thom Yorke and the boys?
For more traditional country folk, I sorta dig this Jerrod Niemann tune…
I wish I didn’t have to admit to digging this tune…
9. Great Grapes Wine & Food Festival (Saturday & Sunday 12pm Oregon Ridge); Guy Torry (Thursday-Saturday Baltimore Comedy Factory); Corey Holcomb (Thursday-Sunday DC Improv); “Man on a Ledge” available on Blu-Ray/DVD (Tuesday); Glenn Clark’s first ever “Hogfest” (Saturday)
That’s right. For the first time in my (still?) young life, I will be roasting a pig Saturday. It’s all thanks in part to ABC Rental Store in Rosedale. A talented young man I listen to on the radio is always talking to me about them. I think his show is called “The Reality Check.” I PRAY my results make me as happy as George W. Bush…
Also, I will be hosting a qualifier for the Olympic KanJam team Saturday (more on Twitter @OlympicKanJam). I expect the day to look much like this…
Posted on 22 May 2012 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Golf-PGA Tour Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel Saturday & Sunday 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Ft. Worth, TX), Champions Tour Senior PGA Championship (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel Saturday & Sunday 3pm live on NBC. All golf from Benton Harbor, MI); High School Lacrosse: MPSSAA Class 2A/1A Final-Fallston vs. South Carroll (Tuesday 6pm UMBC Stadium), Class 4A/3A Final-Westminster vs. South River (Wednesday 4pm UMBC Stadium), Class 3A/2A Final-Hereford vs. Glenelg (Wednesday 8pm UMBC Stadium); WNBA-Tulsa Shock @ Washington Mystics (Wednesday 7pm Verizon Center)
10. Drake (Friday 7pm Verizon Center); One Direction (Thursday 7:30pm Patriot Center); Corey Smith (Friday 8pm Rams Head Live); Jason Isbell (Saturday 1pm Rams Head on Stage); Garbage (Wednesday 7pm 9:30 Club); Collective Soul (Wednesday 8pm Fillmore Silver Spring); Thrice (Wednesday 7:30pm Howard Theatre); John Mayer “Born and Raised” and Garbage “Not Your Kind of People” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
You know that I’m a “money over everything, money on my mind” type of guy, right?
I used to have the biggest crush on Shirley Manson. Hell, I probably still have huge crush on Shirley Manson…
If you don’t want to go see Collective Soul we probably wouldn’t be much of friends…
John Mayer is apparently doing country music now. This is a classic example of when “success just simply isn’t enough.” See below.
9. “Men in Black III” and “Chernobyl Diaries” open in theaters (Friday); Bob Marley (Wednesday-Sunday DC Improv); Cedric The Entertainer (Saturday 8pm Modell Performing Arts Center at The Lyric); Brew at the Zoo (Saturday & Sunday Maryland Zoo in Baltimore)
There’s simply no chance MIB3 is something I’ll want to go see. And while Cedric the Entertainer is funny, I’d rather talk about beer.
I have no idea whether or not Flying Dog Brewery will be unleashing canned Underdog Atlantic Lager on the Zoo this weekend, but I DO know that the campaign they used to roll it out in our nation’s capital was simply fantastic…
Posted on 15 May 2012 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: WNBA-Chicago Sky @ Washington Mystics (Saturday 7pm Verizon Center); Mixed Martial Arts: UFC on FUEL TV 3-“Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung vs. Dustin Poirier (Tuesday 8pm from Patriot Center live on FUEL TV); Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Final-Josh Barnett vs. Daniel Cormier (Saturday 10pm from San Jose live on Showtime); Bellator Fighting Championships 69 (Friday 8pm from Lake Charles, LA live on MTV2); Golf: PGA Tour HP Byron Nelson Championship (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel, Saturday & Sunday 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Irving, TX), LPGA Tour Sybase Match Play Championship (Thursday & Friday 6:30pm Saturday 3pm Sunday 4pm from Gladstone, NJ live on Golf Channel); Pro Lacrosse: MLL Chesapeake Bayhawks @ Hamilton Nationals (Friday 11am from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada live on ESPN3.com); Tennis: ATP Tour & WTA Tour Internazionali BNL d’Italia (Tuesday-Saturday 6am Sunday 7:30am from Rome live on Tennis Channel); Women’s College Lacrosse: NCAA Tournament-Loyola @ Maryland (Saturday 12pm Field Hockey & Lacrosse Complex)
10. Infieldfest feat. Maroon 5, Wiz Khalifa, Little Big Town, The Darkness (Saturday 11am Pimlico Race Course); New Edition (Sunday 7pm 1st Mariner Arena); Black Keys/Arctic Monkeys (Friday 6:30pm Merriweather Post Pavilion), Lucinda Williams/Drive-By Truckers (Saturday 6:30pm Merriweather Post Pavilion), Lady Antebellum/Darius Rucker (Sunday 5:30pm Merriweather Post Pavilion); Styx/REO Speedwagon/Ted Nugent (Friday 7pm Jiffy Lube Live); Buckcherry/Foxy Shazam (Thursday 7:30pm Power Plant Live), Mr. Greengenes (Friday 8pm Power Plant Live); 2 Skinnee J’s/All Mighty Senators (Friday 8pm Rams Head Live); Kenny Wayne Shepherd (Tuesday 8pm Rams Head on Stage, Thursday 8pm Howard Theatre); Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (Tuesday 7pm 9:30 Club), SOJA (Friday 7pm Saturday 8pm 9:30 Club); Fishbone (Thursday 7pm State Theatre); Less Than Jake/Ballyhoo! (Friday 8pm Rock N Roll Hotel); Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival feat. Jonny Lang, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Big Head Todd and the Monsters (Saturday & Sunday Sandy Point State Park); Justin Jones & The Driving Rain (Monday 7pm Ottobar); Night of 1000 Dylans (Friday 7:30pm Creative Alliance); Tenacious D “Rize of the Fenix” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
Totally underrated Black Keys tune? “I Got Mine.” See you at MPP Friday night…
If Maroon 5 promised to not play a song they’ve released in the last 10 years I’d be excited to see them Saturday. But if they did nothing but tunes from “Songs About Jane” I would be in…
If you haven’t seen Darius Rucker play country music, you’re going to have to trust me. He kicks a little ass…
I’m hoping Justin Jones will stop by the studio Monday. He’s quite talented…
9. Brian Regan (Friday & Saturday Warner Theatre); John Henton (Thursday-Saturday Baltimore Comedy Factory); Bobby Slayton (Thursday-Sunday DC Improv); “The Dictator” (Wednesday), “Battleship” and “Crooked Arrows” (Friday) open in theaters; “The Grey” available on Blu-Ray/DVD (Tuesday); Preakness Crab Derby (Thursday 12pm Lexington Market); Preakness Frog Hop (Wednesday 12pm Patterson Park)
Crab races? Okay I guess. MUCH more kickass? PIG races.
And as far as the frog hop goes, I think you already know which frog I’ll be pulling for…