Honorable Mention: Women’s College Basketball: Virginia @ Maryland (Sunday 2pm Comcast Center), Boxing: Rico Ramos vs. Alejandro Valdez (Friday 11pm from Atlantic City live on Showtime), Friday Night Fights-Antonin Decarie vs. Shamone Alvarez (Friday 9pm from Montreal live on ESPN2); NBA: Milwaukee Bucks @ Washington Wizards (Wednesday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet), San Antonio Spurs @ Washington Wizards (Saturday 8pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet),Washington Wizards @ Cleveland Cavaliers (Sunday 6pm from Cleveland live on Comcast SportsNet); Golf-PGA Tour AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel, Saturday & Sunday 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Pebble Beach, CA), Champions Tour Allianz Championship (Friday 12:30pm, Saturday 6:30pm, Sunday 7pm from Boca Raton, FL live on Golf Channel); Tennis: ATP Tour SAP Open (Saturday 4pm & 10pm, Sunday 8pm from San Jose live on Tennis Channel); High School Basketball: Perry Hall @ Milford Mill (Wednesday 6:30pm), Patapsco @ Perry Hall (Friday 7pm), Glen Burnie @ Arundel (Tuesday 5pm)
10. Linkin Park (Thursday 7pm Verizon Center); Lauryn Hill (Thursday 9:30pm Rams Head Live), Keller Williams (Friday 8pm Rams Head Live), Buckcherry/Hellyeah/All That Remains (Saturday 5:30pm Rams Head Live); Blue Oyster Cult (Saturday 7:30pm Bourbon Street); WAR (Wednesday 6:30pm & 9:30pm Rams Head On Stage), Little River Band (Thursday 8pm Rams Head On Stage); Jimmy Eat World (Sunday 7pm 9:30 Club); David Allan Coe (Thursday 8pm Cancun Cantina); Cameo & Sugarfoot’s Ohio Players (Friday 8pm D.A.R. Constitution Hall); 2011 Grammy Awards (Sunday 8pm from Los Angeles live on CBS); Billy Joel “The Last Play at Shea” available on DVD (Tuesday)
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen LP live. They’ve gotten much better…
I’ve said this before on Facebook…until she came back recently, I spent hours upon hours every week wondering what had happened to the amazing former Fugees singer/rapper. I’ve been a fan since Sister Act 2. Honestly…
Picking one Jimmy Eat World song to post here is impossible. I’ll cop out and post “My Best Theory.” Damn these guys are good…
The video sucks, but here’s “Movin’ Out” from Shea Stadium. William Joel is the greatest. Ever.
9. Glenn Clark and Drew Forrester go to “Second City Does Baltimore” (Tuesday 8pm Center Stage)
I saw the Second City show for the first time ever 4th of July weekend last year in Chicago. I’ve been looking forward to seeing the Charm City variation for some time since then.
If you’re not familiar with Second City, it’s the comedy troupe from the Windy City that has produced some of the biggest stars in the history of both Saturday Night Live and comedy in general.
My favorites? Well, Tina Fey is pretty awesome…
Lots of Steve Carrell fans out there…
But this is obvious. Chris Farley is better than everyone…
8. Motor Trend International Auto Show (Thursday-Sunday Baltimore Convention Center)
I have a confession to make.
I’ve really never been all that much of a car person.
Everyone calm down for a second.
It’s not that I don’t enjoy cars…it’s just that…the only time I ever need to look at cars is when I check out the very nice, very affordable vehicles available to me at Koons Ford Security Boulevard. (Do I get a dollar for that?)
Now if THIS car were to be at the Motor Trend show, I’d not only attend-I’d move in…
7. College Lacrosse: VMI @ Navy (Saturday 12pm Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium); College Lacrosse Scrimmage: Cornell @ Johns Hopkins (Saturday 9am Homewood Field), Harvard @ Loyola (Saturday 12pm Ridley Athletic Complex), Drexel @ UMBC (Saturday 1pm UMBC Stadium)
Lacrosse is (sorta) back!!!!
In a related story, sales of lava lamps and patchouli oil are up significantly around the Old Line State.
Our friends at Stevenson don’t open their season for another week, but I figured Richie Ford’s goal from last season was a good way to welcome back lax…
I feel like I’ve read this book before. Wasn’t it called “The Blind Side” and written by Michael Lewis? And didn’t the ensuing movie somehow lead to this amazing moment where Sandra Bullock kissed Scarlett Johansen at the MTV Movie Awards???
In all honesty, I’m happy Michael Oher is telling his side of the story. In fact, we’re going to have him on “The Morning Reaction” on AM1570 WNST at 8:20am Wednesday to talk about it.
And since this is the first post after the end of the NFL season, I’ll wrap the year up by saying THIS Doritos spot was absolutely my favorite from the Super Bowl…
5. Pro Wreslting: TNA “Against All Odds” (Sunday 8pm from Orlando live on Pay-Per-View)
This is new TNA Knockout Miss Tessmacher. So…enjoy the PPV!!!
4. Auto Racing: NASCAR Budweiser Shootout (Saturday 8:10pm from Daytona, FL live on FOX)
Oh thank God NASCAR is back! Now my long weekends spent not missing NASCAR can finally come to an end!
I’d tell you who my pick was to win at Daytona, but I’m not sure who’s running in the race. Darrell Waltrip look good this year?
By the way, weather was so bad in Dallas last week that the Texas Motor Speedway looked like…
…and if they had held a race in that mess I would have watched my first NASCAR race. Ever.
3. NHL: San Jose Sharks @ Washington Capitals (Tuesday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet), Los Angeles Kings @ Washington Capitals (Saturday 12:30pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet), Washington Capitals @ Phoenix Coyotes (Monday 8pm from Phoenix live on VERSUS)
Why would I ever make the Caps #3 on this list? Easy. On Valentine’s Day, they’re playing a REAL team this country can root for!
Who’s coming with me to see them February 22nd against the Flyers in Philadelphia?!?!? Let’s go DESERT DOGS!!!
2. Mixed Martial Arts: Strikeforce-Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva (Saturday 10pm from East Rutherford, NJ live on Showtime)
Despite the fact that “MMA Report” host Thyrl Nelson crapped out on coming with me, I’m looking forward to heading up to the Meadowlands this weekend to see my first ever live Strikeforce event.
If you missed Allistair Overeem and Herschel Walker talking up Strikeforce with myself and Nestor Aparicio on “The Afternoon Drive” last Friday, it’s worth checking out in the BuyAToyota.com Audio Vault here at WNST.net.
It wasn’t the best radio we did at Radio Row last week though. That honor would either go to the great Frank Caliendo…
Or…quite possibly…the great Vic “The Brick” Jacobs from Fox Sports Radio. FEELING YOU!!!
1. College Basketball: Longwood @ Maryland (Wednesday 8pm Comcast Center), Maryland @ Boston College (Saturday 1pm from Chestnut Hill, MA live on ACC Network-WNUV54 in Charm City); Vermont @ UMBC (Wednesday 7pm RAC Arena), New Hampshire @ UMBC (Saturday 7pm RAC Arena); UNC Wilmington @ Towson (Saturday 2pm Towson Center); Niagara @ Loyola (Friday 7pm Reitz Arena), Canisius @ Loyola (Sunday 12pm Reitz Arena)
Really hard to get a whole lot of anger built up towards Longwood. In fact, if my girlfriend didn’t have family in Farmville, Virginia-I’m not sure I (or ANYONE who might ever read this) could possibly know Longwood was really a college and not just a name that made hoops fans giggle.
The Eagles are a different animal. I despise EVERYTHING from Boston. Beantown sucks. But I have a special disdain for those freaking “Super Shirts.”
In fact, this is the ugliest woman I have ever seen in my life…
I’m not kidding.
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…