Posted on 30 June 2014 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: WNBA-Indiana Fever @ Washington Mystics (Wednesday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet/NBA TV); Golf: PGA Tour Greenbrier Classic (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel Saturday & Sunday 1pm live on Golf Channel 3pm live on CBS. All golf from White Sulphur Springs, WV); MLL: Chesapeake Bayhawks @ Ohio Machine (Friday 4pm from Columbus live on CBS Sports Network)
10. Ports America Chesapeake 4th of July Celebration (Friday 7pm Inner Harbor); 4th of July Parades (Friday various times Arbutus, Kingsville, Towson, Bel Air, Dundalk, Catonsville, Glyndon, etc.) Joan Rivers (Wednesday 7:30pm Sixth & I Historic Synagogue); “Tammy” out in theaters (Wednesday)
When you watch “The Sandlot” Friday, please tag me in your photos. You WILL watch “The Sandlot” Friday.
9. Beyonce & Jay-Z (Monday 8pm M&T Bank Stadium); Goo Goo Dolls/Daughtry (Saturday 6:45pm Jiffy Lube Live); Crosby, Stills & Nash (Thursday 8pm Wolf Trap), Counting Crows/Toad The Wet Sprocket (Saturday 7pm Wolf Trap); Neko Case (Tuesday 8pm Rams Head Live); Ed Sheeran (Tuesday 5pm Power Plant Live); Juicy J (Thursday 10pm Echostage); A Capitol Fourth feat. Frankie Valli, Phillip Phillips, Patti LaBelle, Michael McDonald, Jordin Sparks (Friday 8pm from US Capitol live on PBS); Old Crow Medicine Show “Remedy” available (Tuesday)
I mean, Beyonce could perform…OR…they could just show the “Partition” video on the screens at the stadium…
Speaking of Mrs. Carter, Ed Sheeran does a pretty solid Mrs. Carter.
Remember how good the Goo Goo Dolls used to be?
Almost as good as the Counting Crows.
(Continued on Page 2…)
Posted on 24 June 2014 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Legends Football League-Atlanta Steam @ Baltimore Charm (Saturday 8pm Baltimore Arena); WNBA: Connecticut Sun @ Washington Mystics (Friday 7pm Verizon Center), San Antonio Silver Stars @ Washington Mystics (Sunday 4pm Verizon Center); MLL: Chesapeake Bayhawks @ Florida Launch (Saturday 7pm from Boca Raton, FL live on YouTube); Boxing: Tori Nelson vs. Nicole Williams (Saturday 6pm Du Burns Arena); Auto Racing: NASCAR Quaker State 400 (Saturday 7:30pm from Sparta, KY live on TNT); Mixed Martial Arts: UFC Fight Night Nate Marquardt vs. James Te Huna (Saturday 5am from Auckland, New Zealand live on UFC Fight Pass), UFC Fight Night Cub Swanson vs. Jeremy Stephens (Saturday 10pm from San Antonio live on Fox Sports 1)
10. Great American Backyard Campout (Saturday 6pm Oregon Ridge); “Transformers: Age of Extinction“, “Snowpiercer” and “They Came Together” out in theaters (Friday); “300: Rise of an Empire” available on Blu-Ray/DVD (Tuesday)
None of this means much of anything for me-so instead I’ll post this new photo of Sofia Vergara that came out Monday. You can thank me later.
9. Thank You Festival feat. Tiesto (Thursday 4pm Merriweather Post Pavilion); Katy Perry (Tuesday & Wednesday 7pm Verizon Center); OneRepublic/The Script (Friday 7pm Jiffy Luve Live), Toby Keith (Saturday 7pm Jiffy Lube Live), Avicii (Sunday 7pm Jiffy Lube Live); Ben Folds (Wednesday 8:15pm Wolf Trap); Ballyhoo! (Friday 8pm Power Plant Live); Say Anything (Wednesday 7:30pm Rams Head Live), Drive-By Truckers (Thursday 8pm Rams Head Live); Diana Ross (Saturday 8pm Modell Performing Arts Center at The Lyric); Dr. John (Tuesday 8pm Rams Head on Stage); Air Supply (Friday 8pm Rams Head Center Stage); Primus (Sunday 8pm Fillmore Silver Spring); Lake Street Dive (Tuesday 7pm 9:30 Club); Jamestown Revival (Sunday 8:30pm Gypsy Sally’s); Rebirth Brass Band (Sunday 2pm DC Jazz Festival); Ed Sheeran “X”, Phish “Fuego” and Clutch “Earth Rocker Deluxe” available (Tuesday)
I’m including Katy Perry this week. Let’s just go ahead and move on so we don’t have to talk about it any further.
Say hello to Kevin Van Valkenburg at the Truckers’ show.
Lake Street Dive is rather enjoyable.
Someday I’ll be coming home…to see Jamestown Revival.
(Continued on Page 2…)
Posted on 17 June 2014 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: WNBA-Washington Mystics @ Atlanta Dream (Wednesday 12pm from Atlanta live on NBA TV), Washington Mystics @ Seattle Storm (Sunday 9pm from Seattle live on NBA TV); Boxing: Robert Guerrero vs. Yoshihiro Kamegai (Saturday 10pm from Carson, CA live on Showtime)
10. Chesapeake Crab & Beer Festival (Saturday Inner Harbor); Mike Epps (Friday 8pm Baltimore Arena); Bob Saget (Friday 8pm Warner Theatre); Hal Sparks (Thursday-Saturday Magooby’s Joke House); Mick Foley (Tuesday & Thursday DC Improv), Steve Rannazzisi (Friday & Saturday DC Improv); “Jersey Boys” and “Think Like A Man Too” out in theaters (Friday); “The Lego Movie” and “The Grand Budapest Hotel” available on Blu-Ray/DVD (Tuesday)
Yes. You DO know Steve Rannazzisi.
Think Like A Man Too does not look like a film I’d enjoy viewing. This picture however does. Isn’t that odd?
9. Foreigner/Styx (Friday 7pm Jiffy Lube Live), Zac Brown Band (Sunday 7pm Jiffy Lube Live); John Butler Trio (Wednesday 7:30pm Wolf Trap), Daryl Hall & John Oates (Thursday 8pm Wolf Trap); Matisyahu (Friday 8pm Power Plant Live); Devo (Wednesday 8pm Rams Head Live), Hank 3 (Friday 9pm Rams Head Live); Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe (Saturday 9pm Baltimore Soundstage); Cara Kelly and the Tall Tale/The Herd of Main Street (Saturday 8pm 8×10 Club); Johnnyswim (Thursday 8pm Rams Head on Stage), Marc Broussard (Sunday 8pm Rams Head on Stage), Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (Monday 8pm Rams Head on Stage); Scott Stapp (Tuesday 8pm Howard Theatre); Kaiser Chiefs (Wednesday 7pm 9:30 Club); Bacon Brothers (Saturday-Monday 7:30pm Birchmere); Playing For Change (Tuesday 7:30pm The Hamilton); Robert Randolph & The Family Band (Saturday 5:45pm National Capital BBQ Battle); Steve Aoki (Saturday 9pm Echostage); Willie Nelson “Band of Brothers”, Linkin Park “The Hunting Party”, Sam Smith “In The Lonely Hour” and David Gray “Mutineers” available (Tuesday)
I enjoy the work of the Zac Brown Band.
The Herd of Main Street is a talented band from this area that you should REALLY BE LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW.
Hey look! It’s both Johnnyswim AND Daryl Hall!
Marc Broussard is deliciously Broussardian.
(Continued on Page 2…)
Posted on 01 July 2013 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Golf-PGA Tour Greenbrier Classic (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel Saturday & Sunday 1pm live on Golf Channel 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Sulphur Springs, WV); WNBA: Seattle Storm @ Washington Mystics (Saturday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Monumental Network); Boxing: Friday Night Fights-Allan Green vs. Eleider Alvarez (Friday 9pm from Hartford live on ESPN2)
10. Daughtry/3 Doors Down/Halestorm (Saturday 7pm Pier Six Pavilion); Doobie Brothers (Saturday 8pm Wolf Trap); Gregg Allman (Wednesday 8pm Rams Head on Stage); The Maine (Saturday 7pm 9:30 Club); Wild Feathers (Thursday 7:30pm West Mount Vernon Park); The Verve Pipe (Thursday 3:30pm Long Bridge Park); The Polyphonic Spree (Saturday 8pm Sixth & I Historic Synagogue); African American Festival feat. Patti LaBelle (Saturday & Sunday M&T Bank Stadium); Jay-Z “Magna Carta Holy Grail” available in stores/on iTunes (Sunday)
I’m more than a bit embarrassed by how much I enjoy Chris Daughtry…
The Doobie Brothers made the most important music video of all time that wasn’t “Virtual Insanity” by Jamiroquai…
Go see Wild Feathers. Now.
I dare you to watch this whole Verve Pipe video and not cry.
9. Michael Winslow (Wednesday 7:30pm & 9:45pm Baltimore Comedy Factory); Tom Papa (Friday-Sunday DC Improv); “Despicable Me 2“, “The Lone Ranger“ (Wednesday) and “The Way, Way Back“ (Friday) out in theaters; Ports America Chesapeake 4th of July Celebration (Thursday 9:30pm Inner Harbor), Annapolis 4th of July Parade (Thursday 6:30pm Downtown Annapolis), Kingsville Independence Day Parade (Thursday 10am “Downtown” Kingsville)
There is no more American way to celebrate the 4th of July than to watch “The Sandlot”…
(Continued on Page 2…)
Posted on 25 June 2013 by WNST Audio
Posted on 25 June 2013 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: MLL-Chesapeake Bayhawks @ Hamilton Nationals (Saturday 7pm from Hamilton, ON live on YouTube); WNBA: Phoenix Mercury @ Washington Mystics (Thursday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Monumental Network), Tulsa Shock @ Washington Mystics (Sunday 4pm from Verizon Center live on Monumental Network/NBA TV); Boxing: Gennady Golovkin vs. Matthew Macklin (Saturday 9:45pm from Mashantucket, CT live on HBO)
10. Heart/Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience (Tuesday 8pm Jiffy Lube Live), Kid Rock (Friday 6:45pm Jiffy Lube Live), Brad Paisley (Saturday 7pm Jiffy Lube Live); Counting Crows/The Wallflowers (Tuesday 7pm Wolf Trap), The Temptations/The Four Tops (Thursday 8pm Wolf Trap), Straight No Chaser (Sunday 8pm Wolf Trap); Ballyhoo!/Authority Zero (Saturday 9pm Rams Head Live); Richard Cheese & Lounge Against The Machine (Friday 8pm 9:30 Club); Jason Isbell (Monday 7:30pm Birchmere); Taproot (Saturday 7pm House of Rock); Lunar Bay Music & Arts Festival feat. moe., Keller Williams (Saturday & Sunday Susquehanna State Park); Dundalk Heritage Fair feat. Three Dog Night/Jefferson Starship (Friday-Sunday Dundalk Heritage Park); Mavis Staples “One True Vine” and Wale “Gifted” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
I’m going on vacation next week, but apparently the music world picked this week? I mean, the Counting Crows used to be really good but their show might as well be in Eastern Europe…
I love the idea that Ballyhoo! might be Charm City’s next significant band…
Jason Isbell is a rock star, but again…how far can I go to see him?
Mavis Staples…Mavis Staples…I could sing of my love for Mavis Staples…
9. Tracy Morgan (Saturday 8pm Warner Theatre), Guy Torry (Thursday-Sunday DC Improv), Paul Mooney (Thursday-Sunday Baltimore Comedy Factory); “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone” available on Blu-Ray/DVD (Tuesday); “White House Down” and “The Heat” out in theaters (Friday); “The Gathering” (Friday 5pm McHenry Row/Penn Station Plaza)
I’m just going to suggest you watch this Tracy Morgan/David Letterman interview on repeat…
I think I might start my own food truck for “The Gathering.” I’ll probably call it “Historic Pigtown”…
Posted on 18 June 2013 by Glenn Clark
Honorable Mention: Mixed Martial Arts-Bellator MMA (Wednesday 8pm from Thackerville, OK live on SpikeTV); Boxing: Paulie Malignaggi vs. Adrien Broner (Saturday 9pm from Brooklyn live on Showtime), Friday Night Fights: Rances Barthelemy vs. Fahsai Sakkreerin (Friday 10pm from Minneapolis live on ESPN2); WNBA: Washington Mystics @ Phoenix Mercury (Friday 10pm from Phoenix live on Monumental Network/NBA TV); MLL: Chesapeake Bayhawks @ Charlotte Hounds (Saturday 5:30pm from Charlotte live on CBS Sports Network); Motocross: Red Bull Budds Creek National (Saturday 1pm live on FUEL TV 3pm live on NBC 4pm live on NBC Sports Network. All motocross from Budds Creek Motocross)
10. The Postal Service/Ra Ra Riot (Tuesday 6pm Merriweather Post Pavilion), Zac Brown Band (Saturday 5:30pm Merriweather Post Pavilion); Bruno Mars (Saturday 8pm Verizon Center), Rolling Stones (Monday 8pm Verizon Center); Melissa Ethridge/Eric Hutchinson (Tuesday 8pm Wolf Trap), Billy Idol (Thursday 8pm Wolf Trap); Umphrey’s McGee (Friday 9pm Rams Head Live), Fitz and the Tantrums (Sunday 8pm Rams Head Live); Josh Krajcik (Wednesday 8pm Rams Head on Stage); Molly Hatchet (Sunday 8pm Rams Head Center Stage); Rancid (Wednesday 7:30pm Fillmore Silver Spring), Courtney Love (Saturday 8pm Fillmore Silver Spring); Wale (Sunday 8:30pm Howard Theatre); Dawes (Wednesday 7pm 9:30 Club), Dwight Yoakam (Friday 8pm 9:30 Club); Travis Tritt (Monday 7:30pm Birchmere); Harry Connick, Jr. (Wednesday 8pm Modell Performing Arts Center at The Lyric); Buddy Guy (Sunday 8pm State Theatre); Kanye West “Yeezus” available in stores/on iTunes (Tuesday)
Drew Forrester and I are big Ra Ra Riot fans. For good reason.
I’ll be at ZBB Saturday night. I hope he does this again.
The smartest thing the Stones have EVER done is (apparently) hire Gary Clark Jr. to join the band. He’s the best. Ever.
I haven’t begged for FATT tickets yet, but I will. They’re the other best. Ever.
9. Daniel Tosh (Friday 7pm & 9:30pm Modell Performing Arts Center at The Lyric); Seth Meyers (Friday 8pm Warner Theatre); Carlos Mencia (Thursday-Sunday DC Improv); “Monsters University” and “World War Z” out in theaters (Friday); Baltimore Dragon Boat Challenge (Saturday 8am Tide Point Marina)
After hanging out with Jay Pharoah last week, I sorta feel like part of the SNL family. Oh wait, did you not hear? I hung out with Jay Pharoah last week…
And Seth Meyers is hilarious. Hilarious.
(Continued on Page 2…)
Posted on 08 July 2012 by WNST Staff
Posted on 05 July 2012 by jeffreygilley
Roger Federer has accomplished everything a professional tennis player is capable of achieving but is still hungry for more. The sixteen-time champion must get past Novak Djokovic tomorrow morning if he wishes to hold the Wimbeldon Trophy once again.
This dream semifinal will be the first time Djokovic and Federer have ever faced eachother on grass. Federer leads the all-time series, fourteen to twelve but Djokovic has had the upper hand as of late. Djokovic has won six of the last seven matches with his only loss at Roland Garros in 2011.
For Federer to beat Novak, he must take advantage of the crowd who will most likely be on his side. Although Federer is usualy calm on the court, he must show emotion early to get the crowd on his side. But this will only be a small part of the epic battle tennis fans accross the world will be anticipating.
Both Federer and Djokovic are great transition players. This means that at one moment, they can be on defense and seemingly out of the point completely when all of a sudden, they can hit shots from unbelievable angles to transition from defense to offense.
Although both are very good defensive players, the grass court will prevent points from lasting a long time. Running down shots will be a lot tougher seeing as grass makes the ball bounce lower.
Because grass causes the ball to bounce lower, Novak must stay away from Federer’s backhand when serving. Federer loves to slice off the backhand return which sets up two options, both good for Federer. The slice will either cause an error into the net or will force Novak to hit the ball with little or no pace which allows Federer to hit a passing shot.
Federer has the overall game to beat Djokovic but must play one of his best matches of the year. I expect the crowd to be behind Federer as Andy Murray would stand a better chance against Federer should Murray advance to the finals.