Honorable Mention-Volleyball: AVP Santa Barbara Open (Sunday 5:30pm from Santa Barbara, CA live on ESPN2); High School Lacrosse: Archbishop Spalding @ Calvert Hall (Friday 4pm); Mixed Martial Arts: Bellator Fighting Championships XVI (Thursday 8pm from Kansas City live on Fox Sports Net)
10. Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall & Larry The Cable Guy (Saturday 8pm 1st Mariner Arena), My Morning Jacket (Saturday 6:30pm Merriweather Post Pavilion), Ozomatli (Tuesday 7pm Rams Head Live), Angels & Airwaves (Monday 7pm Rams Head Live), Saliva (Thursday 7pm Recher Theatre), Clipse (Sunday 8pm Sonar), Citizen Cope (Friday & Saturday 8pm 9:30 Club), University of Maryland Art Attack: Weezer & Ben Folds (Friday 6:30pm Byrd Stadium), Echo & The Bunnymen (Friday 9pm Black Cat), Little Feat (Sunday & Monday 8pm Rams Head On Stage), Towson Town Spring Festival (Saturday 11am, Sunday 1pm Downtown Towson)
I was never a big “Here’s Your Sign” fan. But I saw Bill Engvall with Frank Caliendo at the Patriot Center last year, and I’ll admit it. The dude is FUNNY…
It’s a bit random that I’ll be in Louisville Saturday while a band from Louisville is in Maryland, but go see My Morning Jacket. You won’t be disappointed…
Ozomatli isn’t particularly well known, and it probably has something to do with the fact that they use a different language. Sometimes. Enjoy!
And while they’re from Virginia and probably root for the Redskins, I dig me some Clipse anyway…
9. Auto Racing: NASCAR Crown Royal Presents the Heath Calhoun 400 (Saturday 7:30pm from Richmond International Raceway live on FOX); Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 (Saturday 1:30pm from Kansas City, Kansas live on ABC)
While I’m not a NASCAR fan, there’s something I dig about the fact that for one race a year, they allow a random nobody to have his name attached to the name of a race. I suggested they name a race after the guy Jack Beecher from the “Beecher Meat Company” that calls into “The Morning Reaction” all the time, but I guess they passed on that.
Myself, if I was in the world of naming rights…everything would be named after Camila and Mariana Davalos…
And apparently at halftime of the Mariners game, some WNST personalities are going to participate in a wiffle ball Home Run Derby. Sadly, I can’t make it-as I will be returning from Kentucky. In my place I’ve decided to send a new WNST employee. I think he’ll bring a lot to us not only as a station, but more importantly-I placed a $50 bet on him winning this thing…
7. NBA Playoffs: Miami Heat-Boston Celtics (Game 5 Tuesday 7pm from Boston live on NBA TV); Chicago Bulls-Cleveland Cavaliers (Game 5 Tuesday 8pm from Cleveland live on TNT); San Antonio Spurs-Dallas Mavericks (Game 5 Tuesday 9:30pm from Dallas live on NBA TV); Oklahoma City Thunder-Los Angeles Lakers (Game 5 Tuesday 10:30pm from Los Angeles live on TNT); Milwaukee Bucks-Atlanta Hawks (Game 5 Wednesday 8pm from Atlanta live on TNT); Utah Jazz-Denver Nuggets (Game 5 Wednesday 10:30pm from Denver live on TNT); Portland Trailblazers-Phoenix Suns (Game 6 Thursday from Portland TBD)
Well, I guess this LeBron James fella is sorta allright….
Dude, I can totally hit that shot. Well, I COULD hit that shot. Years ago. When I was playing against my father. In the driveway. And he gave me like 15 tries. And let me take a step closer every time I missed.
It still counts, jerks.
6. Golf: PGA Quail Hollow Championship (Thursday & Friday 3pm live on Golf Channel, Saturday & Sunday 3pm live on CBS. All golf from Charlotte.), Champions Tour Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic (Friday & Saturday 6:30pm, Sunday 7pm from Biloxi, MS live on Golf Channel)
So…Tiger Woods is playing all the meaningful tournaments this year, right? The Masters, the U.S. Open, the British Open, the PGA Championship….AND THE QUAIL HOLLOW CHAMPIONSHIP???
If Tiger Woods doesn’t win, my second choice is Ichabod Crane.
5. Soccer-UEFA Champions League Semi-finals: Bayern Munich @ Lyon (Tuesday 2:45pm from Lyon, France live on Comcast SportsNet locally, Fox Sports Net nationally), Inter Milan @ Barcelona (Wednesday 2:45 from Barcelona live on Fox Soccer Channel); U.S. Open Cup: FC Dallas @ DC United (Wednesday 7:30pm RFK Stadium), MLS: New York Red Bulls @ DC United (Saturday 4pm from RFK Stadium live on Comcast SportsNet); 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Game available for XBox 360/PS3 (Tuesday)
Do you have ANY IDEA how much studying I failed to do in college do to FIFA video games???
I just hope there’s a way this could happen in real life…
4. NHL Playoffs: Montreal Canadiens @ Washington Capitals Game 7 (Wednesday 7pm from Verizon Center live on Comcast SportsNet)
There is NOTHING better than a Game 7 in the NHL Playoffs. It’s such a big deal that even I’M excited.
So……let me hear you HOWL!!!!!
Oh…we weren’t talking about Game 7 between the Phoenix Coyotes and Detroit Red Wings Tuesday night in Glendale???
Damn. Well, you should be excited about that too!
3. Boxing: Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather (Saturday 9pm from Las Vegas live on HBO PPV)
It’s not that I’m NOT excited about Mayweather-Mosley, it’s just that I was significantly MORE excited about Mayweather-Big Show…
I had so much money on the Big Show in that one…
2. College Lacrosse: Towson @ Johns Hopkins (Wednesday 7pm from Homewood Field live on ESPNU), Loyola @ Denver (Sunday 3pm from Denver live on AM1570 WNST), Fairfield @ Maryland (Saturday 1pm Byrd Stadium), Hartford @ UMBC (Saturday 12pm from UMBC Stadium live on WMAR2 & ESPNU), Denison @ Stevenson (Saturday 1pm Caves Athletic Complex), Patriot League Tournament: Navy vs. Lafayette (Friday 5:45pm from West Point live on CBS College Sports. Championship Game Sunday 3pm from West Point live on CBS College Sports)
You realize that if Towson beats Hopkins Wednesday night, it will be the first time in 39 years that the Blue Jays will miss the NCAA Tournament?
The NCAA Tournament without Johns Hopkins? It would be like “Parks & Recreation” without Jerry! He makes the show!!!
I’m going to Louisville. I can’t wait. Mostly for this reason…
Flexing my mic muscles since 1983…