Honorable Mention: Baltimore Mariners vs. Columbia Lions (Saturday 7pm First Mariner Arena), Byron Nelson Championship (Thursday & Friday 3pm Golf Channel, Saturday & Sunday 3pm CBS from Irving, TX), NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 (Sunday 5pm from Charlotte, Live on FOX)
10. Boys’ and Girls’ State Lacrosse Championsips (Tuesday and Wednesday UMBC)
On Tuesday, the state titles kick off when Fallston takes on Mount Hebron for the Girls’ 3A-2A crown. And as everyone knows, I’m a big fan of the Cougars…..
I know we’re talking about a different type of Cougar, and I don’t care.
9. NHL Conference Finals: Blackhawks vs. Red Wings (Tuesday 7:30pm VERSUS, Friday 8pm VERSUS, Sunday 3pm NBC); Hurricanes vs. Penguins (Thursday 7:30pm VERSUS, Saturday 7:30pm VERSUS) and AHL Eastern Conference Final: Hershey Bears vs. Providence Bruins (Friday 7:05pm, Sunday 7:05pm, Monday 4:05-all gives streamed on AHLLive.com)
It’s a big week in Detroit; as the Red Wings are in the conference final and Eminem has a new CD coming out. Of course, if the city could somehow trade it all for the auto industry having future that doesn’t look as bad as the Preakness infield did Saturday; they’d probably take the swap. I did a YouTube search today to see if good ol’ Slim Shady had softened up in his older age…….the answer is no. I’d link it here, but I’m not sure I’d still have a job.
8. French Open/Roland Garros Opening Matches (Sunday noon from Paris-Live on ESPN2) and NCAA Men’s Tennis Championship: Ohio State vs. USC (Tuesday 3pm ESPNU)
I’ll take the Buckeyes and the points; but only if Beanie Wells is healthy. Otherwise, I think I’ll go with this…..
7. NCAA Women’s Lacrosse Final Four: Northwestern vs. Penn (Friday 6pm Unitas Stadium, Live on CBS College Sports); Maryland vs. North Carolina (Friday 8:30pm Unitas Stadium, Live on CBS College Sports); Championship Sunday (5:30pm Unitas Stadium, Live on CBS College Sports)
I mean, it’s not like I don’t think the Tar Heels have a chance; but you have to imagine Greivis Vasquez is good for another triple double, right?
6. Michael Vick Released from Prison (Wednesday from Leavenworth, KS live on ESPN)
Just in time to film his new movie……..
5. Ravens Passing Camp (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1 Winning Drive)
Can you call it a passing camp if you don’t have any receivers? (Derrick Mason isn’t practicing, or they’d at least have one). Although, I hear this guy might be available…..
4. NBA Conference Finals: Lakers vs. Nuggets (Tuesday 9pm ESPN, Thursday 9pm ESPN, Saturday 8:30pm ABC, Monday 9pm ESPN); Cavaliers vs. Magic (Wednesday, Friday, Sunday 8:30pm TNT) and NBA Draft Lottery (Tuesday 8pm ESPN)
You know, the Wizards have a really good shot at the #1 overall pick. There’s no way that could go wrong, could it?
3. NCAA Lacrosse Final Four: Syracuse vs. Duke (Saturday noon from Foxborough live on ESPN2); Virginia vs. Cornell (Saturday 2pm from Foxborough live on ESPN2); Championship Monday (1pm from Foxborough, live on ESPN)
If Virginia and Duke play for a championship in Boston; I can report that I will officially be living in hell. In the meantime, I would like to take a minute to remind you……
2. Indianapolis 500 (Sunday 1pm live on ABC)
I don’t think myself much of a racing fan; but I am CERTAINLY a fan of tradition, and the Brickyard is amongst the best of them. Of course, it also doesn’t hurt that if Dario Franchitti wins, we’ll see more of Ashley Judd…..
….if Danica Patrick wins, we’ll see an image of this mixed with milk…..
…..and speaking of milk, here’s a picture of Milka Duno…….
Ask me what’s better than spending a 3 day weekend in Las Vegas……go ahead.
“Glenn, what’s better than spending a 3 day weekend in Las Veagas?”
NOTHING. Not ONE THING.
And while Rashad Evans-Lyoto Machida might not be Rashad Evans-Rampage Jackson; you know that’s coming. Please to be remembering when Rashad Evans faced off with Chuck Liddell…..
God, what I wouldn’t give to spend the week in Sin City……